1912 dated Navy sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larry Lipps
    Chris, you can reach Tom Wittmann through his website at http://www.wwiidaggers.com . I have also seen some miracles performed by Vern Bryant who can be reached through the GD Forum. Good Luck with your project.
    Thank you kindly for your assistance Larry.

Comment

I have an imperial naval sword marked damastahl and eisenhauer. All the whistles and bells to include the hangers. It is named engraved and researched to a coastal artillery officer. Like most I have seen the leather scabbard has a few creases, but none fatal (yet). I have used pecards leather conditioner to great success. And the very worst crease... I have glued and dyed a very small piece of leather to support the impending tear. It may not satisfied the "purist" collectior but I am very pleased with it. I am a firm believer that intervention should be selectively done, but MUST be done when indicated to avoid what has happened in the above situation.

Rod

Comment

Let me add this....

In my opinion for what it may be worth... the swords of the german imperial period are the epitomy of what Winston Churchill referred to as the Kaiser's "luxury" fleet.

Rod

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X