What does this marking on RAD hewer mean? FÜ65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this marking on RAD hewer mean? FÜ65

What does this marking on RAD hewer mean? Hewer looks like original one, however I don´t know what about FÜ65.

http://aukro.cz/rad-tesak-i2249768507.html

And the main question - isn´t it fake? It costs circa 780 USD, what is for me pretty price, however I don´t want to buy something forged. Thank for your opinions.

Comment

From the pictures the RAD Hewer looks fine - the FU stands for the RAD issue point of Fuerth and then the issue number of 65 assigned to that particular Hewer.

Comment

I would not buy this dagger as I feel this is one of the current repros being made IMO !

Comment

Nothing wrong with this Hewer - looks good in every respect.

Comment

Uff, now I'm at a loss. Ed, what you seem is not right with it? I could ask seller for better photos.

I am very pleased for all your opinions!

Comment

Thank you for showing us where to buy reasonable priced RAD hewer...Thumbs up!:-)

Comment

A ll I can say is I've owned quite a few of these and I've never owned any Eickhorns that were as crude as that one is.

Comment

It looks like 50:50 now. So I let hewer be for a while, cause I don´t want to buy fake as my first edged weapon in collection.

Comment

Ed, I have also owned/handled a number of RAD Hewers over my past 50+ years of collecting and this one is a keeper if you like the worn look.
                    Have enclosed a few pictures of one of mine which is also a "FU" numbered Hewer although not a Eickhorn but lots of similarities both have some wear i.e not pristine ,also a picture of my RAD display.
                    By the way how is Paul doing havent heard from him in a while guess life is good in Ohio??

Kraft - If I didnt have a Hewer I would buy this at that price + Hewers with Issue markings are somewhat harder to find.

Horst
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by gauost; 04-05-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Pictures of FU Rad Hewer
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot! I have one maybe last question. I didn´t see this shape of "FÜ" marking, when I looked on pictures of RAD hewers on web. All of them were in "Fü." design. What do you thinking about that?

Regards,
                        Petr.

Comment

There are very good early copies of these that are almost impossible to identify from pics alone. Those had cast alloy blades that were not magnetic, just to eliminate that possibility, make sure the blade is magnetic.

Red

Comment

Petr. - You have to remember that the issue numbers were applied by hand at the "Beschafungs point" - if you look close at the one I show you will see that the issue number applied to the Hewer grip/tang is also not precise.

Comment

Yes, I understand precission, but I thought about FÜ - both capitals, while all hewers I saw were capital "F" and small "ü" and dot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X