Question about DLV Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about DLV Dagger

A guy I know has a vet purchase DLV dagger with hanger. I don't have any pictures -- he says condition is nice. Hes got $1000 on it -- I was wondering if thats an ok price. I can't get there easily as distance is a factor and he doesn't have photos -- I've seen a lot of them on the forums but don't pay attention to price. So IF it is a nice DLV with a hanger would this be close to a E-stand price for this type of dagger?

Thanks

Dennis

That's a VERY fair price ! They normally cost more than that, depending on condition of course.
    Best

Originally posted by Military Trader View Post
    A guy I know has a vet purchase DLV dagger with hanger. I don't have any pictures -- he says condition is nice. Hes got $1000 on it -- I was wondering if thats an ok price. I can't get there easily as distance is a factor and he doesn't have photos -- I've seen a lot of them on the forums but don't pay attention to price. So IF it is a nice DLV with a hanger would this be close to a E-stand price for this type of dagger?

Thanks

Dennis

Comment

Dennis,

I presume we're talking about a DLV flyer's knife & not a DLV 55 cm long dagger which is worth considerably more. If the flyer's knife, consider that one man's "nice" may be another man's "so so". The price isn't a steal keeping in mind you haven't seen at least a pic. It may turn out to be a screamer, just some things to think about.

Comment

Yeah its a short flyer's knife -- I am thinking about going there and looking at it though.

Comment

It's always tough to gauge another's subjectivity. Really the 2 questions he can answer for you is how good is the blade & how beat up (if at all) is the leather. Could be worth the ride & without going, you'll never know. Do you know if it's a scarce maker mark or unit marked example?

Comment

A very good price for one in good condition and equally not so for a beater. You really need to see it and not having photo`s is hardly a reasonable excuse these days. Everyone must know someone with a camera even if they don`t have one themselves.

Comment

He's not so fast to send a photo for a few reasons. First, he would rather I come to his place because there is always the chance I'll bring down something even better than the cash for trade. Second, although he would be quite ready to sell it to me by mail, he doesn't have to. He's got plenty of other buyers locally -- on some items I have to beat them there. Third he is a busy guy and I think he's a little heasitant to take the time to photo items when he doesn't have to. That being said it is a pain because he's a good distance away -- but I have picked up nice vet ipeces before and I've driven all that way to look at obvious repros. sometimes the game can be tiring -- I wish I just had a lot of excess cash to buy what I wanted but that would take the fun out of a trade I suppose.

So the way i read your advice $1000 isn't a bad price (for trade or sale) IF the dagger is clean.
              Thanks guys -- I'll probably drag myself over to his place to take a look.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Military Trader View Post
                So the way i read your advice $1000 isn't a bad price (for trade or sale) IF the dagger is clean.
                Thanks guys -- I'll probably drag myself over to his place to take a look.

Dennis
                Exactly!

Comment

I took pictures of the dagger -- by no means slick. But I might still trade for it, I really haven''t made up my mind. It has the starting of a split, but not too bad and the blade is greyed somewhat. Still a presentable dagger but not perfect by any means. I doubt he'll come down on price though.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

What do you all think -- probably not worth close to the $1000 -- or is it?

Comment

Save your money....... put another 5-600 with it................ and get a beautiful one that will appreciate and least hold it's value and desirability down the road.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X