Opinions sought for dagger group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions sought for dagger group

It's been a while since I was really immersed in the dagger market. With just the pictures provided can you assist with current market values for the luft and army?

The issues that are apparent to me are that the army eagle is missing its swastika and the HJ emblem seems to have been overpainted (looks like a denaz attempt by overpaint?). Also the SA scabbard seems to have some oxidation. Thanks for any opinions and ranges as to value.

------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

The HJ knife is more than likely a reproduction,The army dagger is ruined,The SA is nice,and the 1st luft looks like a transitional with nickel and aluminum parts. SA $550.00 -$ 750.00 1st luft $450.00_- $550.00, Army could be restored with a crossguard but will always be a parts dagger.P.S don't shine up the SA dagger

Comment

HJ, I'm almost sure is post-war
      The Army is beat the crossguard and the pommel and blade are shot.
      The 1st luft is not right, Scabbard definitly has issues, the fitting screws do not look right and with the hilt deNazified...
      SA look good.
      Batting 1 out of 4...
      Good luck with these.
      Paul
      www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

The lot is offered at a very reasonable price all issues included. What would be a market rate for the army with the crossguard issues?

I understand these are not mint pieces and all have some issues but I am not able to compete with some of the big guns either

I'll try to get more pics of the HJ. Does anyone have a comparative example that's been found to be a fake?

EDIT: A closeup of the HJ piece shows it clearly marked "Made in Germany". Guess that takes care of that one.
        ------------------------------------------------
        Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

The army is only worth what the salvagable parts are worth on ebay. The scabbard band is loose and gonna fall off. Maybe the grip is ok. If you look on Ebay someone is likely selling such things, you could find the values there.
          Oh and BTW the ferrule is missing from the 1st luft.
          Last edited by lakesidetrader; 02-18-2012, 09:51 AM.
          www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

And, Paul's site lakesidetrader.com has a good explanation of what to look for when buying HJ knives.

John

Comment

The hj knife is a reproduction

Comment

I like the SA, Hj is a modern copy, Heer is worth 200 IMO, the Luft has the issues already mentioned. A group price? 1400?

Comment

The Early SA is the best of the group , whats the maker?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X