Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portapee / Knot questions ...

Hi,

can you please take a loot at the two portapees here.

The left one came attached to a dress bayo shown here (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=574164) and a fellow member told me that it is a Luftwaffe sword not, which would mean surely not matching this bayo, right?

The right one came attached to my long Police Bayo (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=503958) which I currently try to move - and I just wanted to double check, if this one possibly was worn with this type of knot.

Thanks for any comments on these two items here and the possible connection to the edged weapons they came with.

Kevin
    Attached Files

... one more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Kevin,

The knot on the right is a Polizei NCO knot & quite appropriate for your Polizei bayonet.

The knot on the left appears to be a Luftwaffe faustrimen, perhaps for a sword. Not completely sure but someone else here should be able to confirm this.

Comment

The leather strap on the bayonet knot on the left appears to be green in color. Green was used by the army.
        The bright red slide and crown designate the 7th rifle regiments and calvary. A blue gray strap was
        used by the Luftwaffe.

Comment

The knot is correct with the bayonet. I agree it is 7th cavalry marked.

Comment

Originally posted by David48 View Post
            The knot is correct with the bayonet. I agree it is 7th cavalry marked.
            I agree the knot could be worn with that bayonet, if it was Luftwaffe, a brown frog would have been worn.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X