Bayo mania: K98 and 3x dress: Krebs, Klaas & Puma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayo mania: K98 and 3x dress: Krebs, Klaas & Puma

These one's are fresh out of the woodwork ... I know, not the best condition, but nice variation of makers!

The K98 has no matching numbers bayo-scabbard and for me it seems like F. Herder (?) is the maker, the blade has seen better days, I guess.

The Klass bayo comes with its scabbard and frog and is in an overall OK condition. Also, it still contains the fabric within the handle.

The Krebs bayo comes with scabbard, frog AND portapee - which is marked with the unit, I guess: 7. / KK - is that possible?

To me, the blade of this one is in very good condition and also here, the red fabric is present.

Finally, the Puma Bayo ... comes only with scabbard, has seen better days and also misses the fabric in the handle.

The Klaas and the Krebs clearly have been in their scabbs and frogs for a long time as you can see the markings on the handle match the missing spots on the frogs.

Well, I am looking forward to hearing your comments!

Kev

Beautiful!

I like these a lot. My favorite, looking at these would be the Krebs. You do realize that you can clean-up the black tar stains on the bayonet if you would like? However, it shows it has been together with the frog for quite some time. Overall, it's always nice to see the felt plugs and nice blades!

JAN

Comment

The combat piece should be good oiled or safely cleaned, nice is the faustriemen on the Krebs KS98, is probably unit marked inside the strap, what is there? I believe its for 7.Schwadrone of Cavalry Regiment nr.?? best regards,Andy
      Last edited by AndyB; 02-12-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Andy,

thanks for your input - here is one further shot of the inside marking ... any better to read now?

I find it great to see these different makers all right next to each other
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks unfortunally the number of Cavalry Rgts is not good visible, maybe 9 or other digit.

Comment

Yessss

HY

Very nice K98k bayonet combat...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X