• Show
Clear All

eickhorn sword

Hi,

I don't know this model and you ?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Its not pictured in the angolia sword book . It is most likely in the eickhorn sales catalogue .

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by lsmilitaria View Post
        Its not pictured in the angolia sword book . It is most likely in the eickhorn sales catalogue .

Jason
        and not in the johnson book...

Comment

I just got done looking through the catalog an i bib not see this model, the cast of the eagle looks a little crude for an Eickhorn product. more pics maybe.

Comment

can be a fake ?

Comment

The band above the eagle looks like it came off the Lutzow" Model 1767

Comment

it may be a put together piece I dont know..

Comment

The ferrule ring is the same as the lutzow but also alcoso has the same design. Here is my example. I believe these to be generic pieces used by several other firms. The eagle head is quite different as seen on most eickhorn swords but Im under the impression that it could be a custom order. What really stands out to me is the pattern on the crossguard. It looks like the pattern 1716, and instead of having an engraved eagle or more oak leaves as seen in some examples, it has a cast national emblem. I know there are a few examples of other makers who have the roon/cast design into the sabre. Can you post a pic of the riveted part of the backstrap?

Jason
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X