Polish radom bayonet rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish radom bayonet rig

Hello folks. Here's one I acquired a while back, and before I offer it up for sale, I'm hoping someone can help me identify it by model. It seems that there are a plethora of different versions / designations of and for Polish Mauser bayonets. I "think" this one is a WZ22, however w/ the variation in blade / cross guard thicknesses, etc, etc. I'm not sure. Either way it's in excellent shape and would seem to have escaped being reissued by the Germans due to its lack of blue finish, however I'm not sure if this was ALWAYS the case. Additionally, I don't believe this type, when re-issued during the occupation, had Nazi Waffenamt stamps added (if I can rely on my references). I believe it's mounted in a Czech leather scabbard which is just as I found it and for all intent and purpose, appears to have been w/ it forever. If anyone can apprise me of the correct designation for this particular model I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Close up(s) of hilt...
    Attached Files

Comment

Milton, What you have is a WZ28 model.

Jim

Comment

Thank You Jim. Appreciate it. I'll double check w/ my references also. Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

Comment

I agree, it is a nice model 28 made by Radom. It is unaltered by Germans which increases its value. Scabbard is Polish, frog is not.

Jack

Comment

Thanks Jack. Appreciate your comments.

Comment

The piece is sometime called Wz.29 too, the frog could be austrian or czechoslovak, but by czechoslovak should be marking on backside, only the frog was reworked by germans.

Comment

Thanks for the info gents!

Comment

Hello,

without a flesh-guard it is a "simplified Wz.28", produced 1930 - 1939. In 1933 this modell and the wz.28 were renamed in "Wz.29", becuase of the carabin modell.

German used Wz.29 with and without flesh-guard mostly were blued and/or removed the muzzel rings.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X