My New Gravity Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Gravity Knife

Hello all...I have never posted in this forum, I usually stay on my side of the fence in the belt buckle forum as that is what I collect..I have a friend who is a militaria dealer , who owed me some money . He hasnt picked up many buckles lately, and I was grownig a little wrestless, untill I spyed a gravity knife in the bottom of one of his cases. I have allways been intrigued by these knives since the first time I held one around eight years old ..My father allways wanted one, and anytime we came across one he had to stop and check it out..anyway enough story telling....so here it is..RBN 0/0561/0019 serial 1892 with another hallmark opposite the rbn on the tang of the spike that looks like an S or a 5 in a box ? the knife seems to be in OK shape ..I dont know much about them to be honest..this is a takedown model and still has some blueing on the release.....so I was hopeing that you gents might give me some input...I was owed aprox. $400 and took this in trade ...so here are a few pics..thanks for your thoughts in advance
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Chad Williams
    Hello all...I have never posted in this forum, I usually stay on my side of the fence in the belt buckle forum as that is what I collect..I have a friend who is a militaria dealer , who owed me some money . He hasnt picked up many buckles lately, and I was grownig a little wrestless, untill I spyed a gravity knife in the bottom of one of his cases. I have allways been intrigued by these knives since the first time I held one around eight years old ..My father allways wanted one, and anytime we came across one he had to stop and check it out..anyway enough story telling....so here it is..RBN 0/0561/0019 serial 1892 with another hallmark opposite the rbn on the tang of the spike that looks like an S or a 5 in a box ? the knife seems to be in OK shape ..I dont know much about them to be honest..this is a takedown model and still has some blueing on the release.....so I was hopeing that you gents might give me some input...I was owed aprox. $400 and took this in trade ...so here are a few pics..thanks for your thoughts in advance
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome takedown example Chad, good score!
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Collector to collector price $400 is about what I would expect to pay for a take-down in that condition.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

I looked at one just like it in Florida recently. Had the blade and end piece (with the arrow) been blued at one time? Or was the metal stained in spots? I'm pondering buying it (like I need another gravity knife right now). Thanks.

Comment

Originally all the metal was blued. Please be careful with this one the springs tend to break easily. Here's one with lots of original blue left.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
                  www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know if these springs can be repaired?
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

There's a guy in Texas who does them. I've never used him but have only heard good things about him. Email: mackman@direcway.com
                      Or http://www.geocities.com/battle_blades/
                      Good luck!
                      www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link. I went to his site, clicked on "Enter" but I got a "Sorry, that page no longer exists". I'll try and email him.
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X