Which bayonet to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which bayonet to keep?

I have two Police Bayonets and I am interested in your thoughts as to which one I should keep. The top bayonet is a Weyersberg Kirschbaum marked S.B. 171. It has a better tip, but the blade has some light pitting. The bottom bayonet is an ACS marked S.AI.II. 400. It has a cleaner blade and the grip is nicer, but one of the eagle eyes has a bar through it. ???

Which one is the keeper?
    Attached Files

BOTH...ones for on a rifle, and the other for dress, now show the eagle on the other side, or the fact that they are devoid of the addition of the eagles, as these were weimar in that case......both worth keeping and some have police division marking on them. Are the scabbards with them, IF so please show them also.....Nice pieces.

Comment

Other side anbd scabbard

Thanks for the information and advice. Here is a pic of the other side, with Nazi eagles, and the one scabbard and frog that I have.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello
        I think the most interesting to keep is the ACS because it has a slotted pommel with press stud.
        Regards
        Alain

Comment

Do the numbers on the crossguards match that of the scabbards? Is one bayonet missing a scabbard since you only show one?

The condition looks similar. Providing both bayonets have matching numbers to their scabbards, I would keep the Alcoso with the slotted hilt. They're a little scarcer.

Comment

bayonets

Hello ,

Nice bayo's .
            Personally myself I would keep both because they are different in looks and use .

Comment

I would keep the one with the scabbard, especially if the numbers match.

John

Comment

Thanks everyone

Thanks guys. Both are keepers.

I had not noticed that the two were different, as juoneen pointed out. To answer Billy G's question, I just have the one scabbard, and its number matches that of the ACS. I plan to display them together, with the ACS in the scabbard.

Comment

If the Alcoso has the scabbard then you should definitely keep it. One thing though, selling an orphan bayonet sans scabbard is tough. Matching numbers are always a nice detail IMHO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X