police bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police bayonet

my new bayo purchase , original or not ?

047.jpg

048.jpg

police bayo

more pics , the blade doesnt fully fit scabbard ,

041.jpg

049.jpg

Comment

police bayonet

last one of the handle , opinions needed,
      045.jpg

Comment

Hello
        No red flag for me. Nice bayonet from Schutzpolizei Berlin.
        Regards
        Alain

Comment

A perfectly respectable period original. The scabbard leather has probably shrunk resulting in the poor fit.

Comment

Comment

Excellent copies of this unslotted WKC policy bayonet exist, so it is not possible to make a 100% firm opinion, base on these pictures.

The stag looks aged (yellowed), which is a good sign, but the fittings on the throat of the scabbard look not too good and the guards leaf engravings look poor, which are red flags...

Check how the leather feels: is it soft or hard?

Can you post pictures of the complete piece & the blade?

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

The piece is correct 3rd reich production right down to all the fittings.

Comment

It is good IMO.

Comment

For comparing purposes, this one is 100%
                    Attached Files

Comment

By the way, these police bayonets are NOT 3rd Reich production, but Empirial/Weimar produced and modified during the 3rd Reich period: shortened blades and scabbards, the "clamm shell" removed and the police emblem added.

There exist 3R made police bayonets, but they have aluminium or alloy hilts and they are shorter. And they are touch to find!

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Here is another original WKC police, now the slotted version.
                        Compare the shoulders of the knights logo of the ones I have posted with the one questioned here: another red flag for sure!

Best regards,

Herman
                        Attached Files

Comment

There are some differences with the WKC knight head trademarks over the years they used it. I know this from the Naval daggers I had and the swords I own. I have an assortment of Police bayos too include a handfull of WKCs where the trademark is slightly smaller than usual and some stamped crooked. This and other features such as more enhanced feathering or darkening to the guard doesen't determine its a fake. The Bayo first shown in this thread has been cleaned up a bit thus not having all of it's original patina IMO. I realise they are Weimar era but they were reconfigured to regulations set by the 3rd Reich. The one shown by J. Willig is A OK IMO.

Comment

Ed is right, the initially posted WKC is original. There's at least 6 items that this piece has sufficient detail in as compared with the poorly made modern WKC fakes.

I won't mention them here in an effort to not encourage the tools that fake these things. I will say though that anyone with at least some in hand experience with police bayonets would not be fooled by the current crop of fakes. It's always good to examine known originals very closely for the in-hand feel & overall detailing.

Comment

Nice bayonet!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X