Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S84/98 Sawback.

Hello,

I received this S84/98 this week,and was wondering what the numbers on the guard and the frog stud could mean?On the guard it has what looks to be an H with 19966,and the stud F24.If these bayonets were refurbished during the Weimar era,did they receive serial numbers on the bayonet and the scabbard then?
    All opinions on this bayonet are welcome.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Can anyone tell me what this sign means?
    Attached Files

Comment

B
      Attached Files

Comment

C
        Attached Files

Comment

J,

That mark is a variant of PD Lüneschloss's logo.

Comment

Interesting to see Erfurt on one side and the Luneschloss helmet on the other. I always considered Erfurt to be a manufacturer on its own.

John

Comment

The piece was totally faked with new stamps and sawback in reality its a portuguese contract M941 the pommel WaA were removed and the acceptance on blade was added same as Erfurt and PDL stamp are fakes.

Comment

Hello
                I am surprised to see this bayonet discussed here. A few weeks ago a french collector sent me these photos and asked me what I was thinking about.
                I told it was one of the monsters created to get more money and it was only junk stuff.
                I don't know where it was for sale.
                Remus, where did you buy it ?

Regards
                Alain

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your replys.
                  If this bayonet is fake,and I have no doubt of your opinions,than I can start all over again I did not know that these bayonets are being faked like this.I bought a very good reproduction of S98/05,to compare with originals,but this one,I had no idea.The stamps look very good,also the sawback looked very good to me.I am really shocked...
                  I bought this one last week from another collector here in Belgium,who bought a whole lot of bayonets,and this one was with it.He collects only Belgian bayonets,so sold this one.I will contact him at once.
                  I will add a few more pics of the bayonet tomorrow,so at least we can learn something from my-expensive-mistake.

Comment

Hi Remus
                    In Europe you can find some of these junk 84/98. All the stamps and the sawback on this bayonets are fakes. Only the numbers on the crossguard and the scabbard frog stud are from the original bayonet.
                    There are also a few sawback KS98 from WWI with these same fake stamps.
                    Regards
                    Alain

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                      The piece was totally faked with new stamps and sawback in reality its a portuguese contract M941 the pommel WaA were removed and the acceptance on blade was added same as Erfurt and PDL stamp are fakes.

Regards
                      Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X