Clear All

SA dagger - please help

Hello all!
    please say what is is?

thanks, Filip
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

looks like a standar and realllly nice early SA dagger with some sort of dedication to the reverse. I can't read it from the angle you have posted. I can say the dagger is purty!

Comment

Dagger looks good, but dedication is bad. Mixture of latin and Sütterlin script
        It says "Für treue Pflichterfüllung - Wisch, Brigadeführer"
        Someone ruined a nice dagger, just to get some more cash.

Comment

Nice looking SA .

Comment

What a shame....very nice early dagger with a spurious dedication on it, the horrible quality of the etching gives it away.

Comment

That can't be an often seen maker, what a shame someone messed with it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
                That can't be an often seen maker, what a shame someone messed with it like that.
                Its the first one that I have seen...a real beauty too conditionwise.

Comment

it also doesn't appear "centered" on the blade?

Comment

the maker name is to far from the hilt for an engraved... bad one!

Comment

:Too bad, a great dagger that some moron tried to embelish !

Comment

I agree with tripple seven. Its been ruined by a faker...(is he on the forum??)worth about 300. now.Its been transformed into Crapola , as no dagger company would have allowed such work(on the back) to pass ...besides it would have been done differently. Real presntations are very nicely done....and centering even on the alles fur deutschland on originals isnt always centered exactly. But then the center isnt a ridge either, it is usally rounded some. Sorry about the dagger...bet theres no one to take it back to, as in cases like this, i'd always take a photo of the seller with the cell phone camera, and get a copy of his drivers licence, or I wouldn't touch it at all, and have an agreement to return it with contact information before buying.But when buyers get greedy, and think they are getting something for nothing, if its too good to be true it usually is. How much did they nail you for on this one?? Im sure we are all curious. (possibly give us a description of the seller so we can watch out for the guy at least, for those who still buy at shows).

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                          Its the first one that I have seen...a real beauty too conditionwise.
                          Same here.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X