Unusual Bayonet - Need Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Bayonet - Need Opinion

I seen this Saw-Tooth Bayonet on eBay last night. I think the logo is WKC, but, I'm not sure.
    Can anybody tell me, is this is WKC, or who it is, if not?
    Also, is it an original pre-1945 bayonet or reproduction?

Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-WWII-K-...item3cbfe59b89

All opinions are welcome. Thanks, CHUCK

Hello Chuck,

That does appear to be the WKC logo. I believe that is a KS 98 bayo produced late Imperial or early Wiemar era. I'm sure others who specialize in them can confirm or correct.

Regards,
    Stu

Comment

WKC logo: bad bad bad....

Comment

Originally posted by Division View Post
        WKC logo: bad bad bad....
        Why pray tell? It always helps to qualify a statement such as yours with just a smidge of info, sometimes more!

Comment

I see no red flags !

Comment

Sawtooth WW2?

Interesting bayonet. IMO the perod is from the 1920s and the WKC TM appears to be stamped and does not have the WKC letters, so the title of WW2 is in error.
            Also, I would question the scabbard as it doesn't have keepers or the scabbard is not original to the piece.
            When the Knight's Head was stamped into the blade could be questionable.
            Unusual, but some red flags for me.

Comment

WKC logo is a fake.
              Poor attempt at WW1/ Weimar period Logo. Bayonet is junk. imo

Regards
              Eric

Comment

It is not a poor attempt at a WKC logo. Have seen many WKC products stamped this way. I've had a few WKC navy daggers like this. As for the scabbard, I say it's a repaint. And yes it is labeled as WW2 which is improper.

Comment

What an interesting thread,as I am trying to learn a bit more about these early dress bayonets.

I had an S98 dress bayonet once,and it had a logo like this.It came from here,and there was no problem with it.Why would the logo be bad?Just asking,trying to learn something.

This bayonet has S98/05 type of grips,is that common to see on these bayonets?

Comment

Can somebody please post pics of it, I am having trouble seeing the pictures.

Comment

Here's a few.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is an interesting bayonet. While it does raise some red flags I would not dismiss it offhand. Quite a few "Frankenstein" bayonets were made up of available NOS parts during the time of the Weimar Republic. WKC and Eickhorn did this extensively. While this bayonet does have a plated S98 (not the larger S98/05) style hilt the grips are checkered bakelite or plastic with three rivets as might be seen on Extrawaffen. I also like the fact that the grips have very small drain holes as is common on these Weimar Zeit constructions. The WKC logo is on the correct side of the blade and double struck as is sometimes seen during this time period. I can't tell much about the scabbard but I agree with Ron that it could very well not be a WKC product.

Overall, I would like to see it in hand because it is difficult to tell exactly when Extra-Seitengewehre like this were assembled from a photo. Overall, my impression is favorable with the exception of the scabbard.

Comment

Interesting pommel...

The TM does look pretty good to me, even though I couldn't find this exact one with the helmet alone in Fisher

John

Comment

Thank you Billy. That maker mark you normaly see later on during TR period. Is it just me or the maker mark looks off center?

Comment

The maker mark looks ok pre WW2 possible export piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X