No announcement yet.

Red Cross hewer with a pointed tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could have been used this way....Some medic in ww2 may have preferred the tip sharp......doesn't look newly ground. The guards tend to break if the person sheathing it does it with the scabbard reversed and hits the screw head...and does it quickly. The alloy is a cheap aluminum ,and could have been a better grade, but the cross guards should have been slightly further apart,when cast...and with such close tolerances...was just never improved.. so this is better than breaking the front eagle plate...the nam grip is a good idea, those grips really grab , I would sell it as it is, and some person whom is enthrottle'd with it , just as it is , may buy it to rehandle it themselves as a custom knife. I know a guy who makes bowies and uses hewer guards, and they are quite nice...where he got the parts I am unsure, so if you see where I'm going with this, it could still bring a few C notes just as is, maybe two and a half. They'r'e like fish in a barrel here All1knew ...put it on e astand for a few hundred and a few more handful of finns ,as is....as is ,where is...no guarantee, a who cares warrany and know just what they're buying a project relic ...call it medical corps project knife. betcha it sells.
    Last edited by juoneen; 04-11-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X