The Boring Dress Bayo's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Boring Dress Bayo's!

<big>I've only held 2 plain jane dress bayos in my collection ever. I've found them boring, void of any kool Nazi symbols or emblems, and the most basic nondescript edged weapon, ever produced by the 3rd Reich. But I must admit, I killed a ton of "Nazi's" on the battlefield in my back yard with this one in 1963, when I first acquired the piece out of my Grandfather's gun store. I've kept it, with an aluminum Army belt buckle, for the last 49 years..............and no doubt the 1st items in my collection.

</big>
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JR.; 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM.

<big>
    Move ahead from 1963 to 2011. I bought this one the other day. Another most basic 3rd Reich edged weapon that even an 8 yr old couldn't get excited about in today's world..................................... but with a single exception....... this one has the most kool A$$ knot, tied in a very unique and personalized pattern, that I've ever seen in my life!

JR </big>
    Attached Files

Comment

2/3
      Attached Files

Comment

4/5
        Attached Files

Comment

6/7
          Attached Files

Comment

Expertly !

Comment

I'm trying to get the ole lady to do this kool weave on customers, down at the hair shop.........

Comment

JR,

I have to disagree, as I have always really liked the long dress bayonets. I never liked the short ones but really enjoy the long ones. The way that knot is tied reminds me if the way I have seen some kriegsmarine knots tied before. Matt

Comment

Matt, Just kidding as I have an appreciation of all items from the 3rd Reich, whether it be a black wound badge or a Lufschutz helmet.

Comment

Nice bayos, JR, and great photography!

I like these KS98 dress bayonets, and even more so when they have cool etch patterns onthem.

John

Comment

Nice pickup JR. The largest segment of my collection is fire bayonets which, like these, are devoid of any indication they were made during the 3R. Some of them, especially the early Eicks, are so well made they look like Solingen spit them out last month.

That's what drew me to keep picking them up. Started with just one, then just one long/short plain blade & long/short sawback, then the madness set in with dozens of them coming in, frogs of all types & knots, oh the knots. Don't get me wrong, I love the daggers as much now as when I started collecting but just get woozy over a nicely conditioned bayo as long as it's a fireman's bayonet

Comment

I dont think the boy scouts taught this knot... perhaps the hitler youth did!

Comment

Killer knot on that bayo bro, very nice pickup !!!!!
                          Here are two I got last week.
                          Cheers, H******229;kan
                          Attached Files

Comment

JR, quite nice these boring old bayos

Hakan, 2 very nice boring bayos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X