Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on a Himmler SS Honour Dagger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions on a Himmler SS Honour Dagger...

Hi All,

The opportunity to acquire this dagger just fell into my lap and I'd like to get some opinions. I know the photos aren't crystal clear, but there should be enough detail here for someone with more experience than me to judge its authenticity.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect SS Daggers.

It looks like the real deal to me.Does the bottom crossguard have a number stamped on it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dr Dolch. I'll have o inquire with the seller since I don't have a photo of the reverse side of the dagger. I'll post his reply once I hear back.

Comment

When I say number. I am not talking about the Roman I,II,III Eickhorn used 1 to 9 stamped on the bottom of the lower crossguard in plain view(Called a benchmark) not always but most of the time there.If you collect SS daggers you probably knew that.Another thing I notice on the blade is it looks polished arond the inscription area,almost like steel wooled at one time.Daggers can be hard to judge when not in hand(sometimes even in hand) wait for other opinions.P.S I do not think Roman numerals were used on Himmler daggers?

Comment

The dagger is a proper Himmler piece.

Comment

I agree with JR.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X