Ed Wuhstof HJ Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Wuhstof HJ Knife

Went into my favorite antique shpp today and found this little guy. I've wanted a HJ knife for a while and wanted one with a motto but didnt want to pay the prices I see online. I know it has early features....but dont know much more than that. (1) Can anyone give me an estimated date of manufacture? (2) How sought after is the maker? It is in a lot better shape than many of the ones I've seen: blade isn't all whittled down, good nickel on the hilt, perfect grips, and the leather is supple. I think i got a pretty good price on it... (3)can anyone give me a value estimate? Any information would be much appreciated.... enjoy!

They stopped putting the mottos on the blades in August 1938 so it's made prior to that. The blade looks to be short , how long is the blade? it should be about 5 1/2 inches long.

Comment

Flatlander- yes the blade is about 4.5 inches. must have had the tip broken back in the day. taking that into account...and idea of its worth?

Comment

Nice early hj knife by Ed Wusthof, pity the blade has been shortened & re-tipped, i would value it at $300 - $350 in this condition .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X