Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
    Animalundertaker,

This is the problem, you don't advertise your items as being fakes, repros or copies, you imply that they are period items to the extent that they are worn, show age and patina that has been artificially added. This is the dishonest premise as many people are buying your items on eBay believing them to be period originals, and only the informed buyers are finding that they have bought a fake/copy.

What of the collectors that are buying your items believing they have bought an original at a good price, only to discover later they have a worthless fake? If you advertised your items as high quality reproductions nobody would have an issue. There are many dealers that sell repros, even Johnson and repro dealers like Reddick, but the are advertised and sold as repros and therefore completely honest.

I believe your approach to selling is dishonest, perhaps in future you should advertise your items as repros and there will be few issues. Your fakes are excellent, and therein lies the problem when you don't fully disclose the nature of your wares.

JMHO, Red
    Hello and thank you for the discussion.But you must not write that my daggers are worthless.I myself have to pay a lot for these because they are made with old materials and produced with original engines of Eickhorn Company.That is the reason they are so good.

Comment

Originally posted by David Guist View Post
      Help me understand you said they got a nearly original piece? Best regards.
      Hi,the daggers are produced from old materials with original Eickhorn engines by a man whose father had worked at former Eickhorn Company...
      Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by animalundertake View Post
        Hello and thank you for the discussion.But you must not write that my daggers are worthless.I myself have to pay a lot for these because they are made with old materials and produced with original engines of Eickhorn Company.That is the reason they are so good.

Maybe they're not "worthless" but they're not produced in the period they are advertised which in essence is fraud. It doesn't matter who produced the daggers, they are misrepresented & being sold under a pretense which is larceny.

Comment

Regarding Tom Johnson buying parts to repair daggers, well, I have done that myself for the last 20 years. I am always getting defective swords and daggers from collectors around the globe who want their stuff fixed. This requires replacement parts that I get from whoever sells them or I make them myself. I never had any dissatisfied customers, matter of fact, everyone is happier when they get their dagger back than they were before. I don't know why anyone should disapprove of this practice. At the same time I have no qualms with those who want to keep the originality of some piece of defective junk intact and let it collect dust and rust in some obscure corner of the garage. But they shouldn't be surprised if no one shares their enthusiasm for their decaying collection.

Comment

Parts daggers are just that to me.It would be like buying a car then finding out it had a salvage title. Now if I was told first that would be a diffrent story.Best regards.

Comment

Interesting comparison, David.

If you were to buy a car that was 70 or more years old, would you expect it to have original tires, fan belt, spark plugs, etc?

At what point does it become a 'parts' car?

I wonder if the original owners of daggers would worry about original parts and makers if their dagger were damaged, or would they just go get it repaired anywhere they could?

John

Comment

Reality is that if you cannot tell there was any parts replacement or repair, etc. the item would not be a parts piece if you can't tell.
                The true definition of a parts dagger is one containing a postwar or an otherwise ill fitting original replacement part.

Ultimately it is up to the buyer to know what he wants and how much he wants to pay. Since most TR items for sale have been sold and traded multiple times since 1945 it is impossible to have a record listing all the owners and what was done to the dagger or sword along the way. Thus, the buyer has to be savvy enough to be able to make a decision based on appearance rather than the word of mouth bull**** that goes with it. In short, the buyer has to know what he wants and what he is looking at.

Comment

More crap from the same source, this one an "Imperial" KM with fancy scabbard. It really galls me someone will be burned for a large amount with this one. Ends in 3 hours. That maker mark alone should be a huge red flag to anyone with a reference book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320862315077
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just an addendum to the foregoing. The 5 names now used by this tool are:

Braveheart0514
                    http://www.ebay.com/sch/braveheart05..._from=&_ipg=50

Porschezelt
                    http://www.ebay.com/sch/porschezelt/..._from=&_ipg=50

Animalundertaker
                    http://www.ebay.com/sch/animalundertaker/m.html

Specialagent11
                    http://www.ebay.com/sch/specialagent...id=p4340.l2562

Babyfacenelsonwilli
                    http://www.ebay.com/sch/babyfacenels...id=p4340.l2562

Comment

Why are you all being so gentle with this a**h***,he knows exaxctly what he is doing.He avoids direct answers,and is trying to justify his actions.He does not deserve our time,and knowledge,give him the boot!!!! Juust my opinion.....

Comment

Originally posted by lleno View Post
                        Why are you all being so gentle with this a**h***,he knows exaxctly what he is doing.He avoids direct answers,and is trying to justify his actions.He does not deserve our time,and knowledge,give him the boot!!!! Juust my opinion.....
                        I totally agree.

Frank

Comment

I have reading this thread and it seems that this seller is a great piece of **** strange that this man is not kicked off from the WAF. Shame on you Axel you are a real swindler it's time that you are going to the psychiatrist, it seems that you have no remorse from your dirty deeds. Don't talk nonsense in the way that people are happy with the things they buy from you, nobody will pay that much for something that turns out to be fake. It makes me sick i spit on you you lousy bastard

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
                            Animalundertaker,

This is the problem, you don't advertise your items as being fakes, repros or copies, you imply that they are period items to the extent that they are worn, show age and patina that has been artificially added. This is the dishonest premise as many people are buying your items on eBay believing them to be period originals, and only the informed buyers are finding that they have bought a fake/copy.

What of the collectors that are buying your items believing they have bought an original at a good price, only to discover later they have a worthless fake? If you advertised your items as high quality reproductions nobody would have an issue. There are many dealers that sell repros, even Johnson and repro dealers like Reddick, but the are advertised and sold as repros and therefore completely honest.

I believe your approach to selling is dishonest, perhaps in future you should advertise your items as repros and there will be few issues. Your fakes are excellent, and therein lies the problem when you don't fully disclose the nature of your wares.

JMHO, Red
                            Thank you GaryMJ, you just spared me from buying another fake from this guy. This stuff is up for sale again, and pictures are very convincing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251262959117...84.m1438.l2648

Comment

I think that some of you guys are too worked up over this. You are forgetting that there are people ie collectors who wouldn't mind paying for a nice dagger like this, postwar or not. If I would have seen the add on ebay I would have bid on it myself because if you want a guaranteed original dagger like that you have to shell out a lot more - if you could even find one.Some of the folks here that are so outraged I would like to ask: Are you absolutely certain about the pure originality of all the items in your collection? If the anwer is 'yes' than you are lying to yourself.

Comment

I was trying to tell people about this back in June a few years back. And some people thought I was nuts!!
                                Check it out!!!
                                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...damasco&page=5
                                Last edited by damasco; 04-24-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X