Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei bayonet

Hello
    I would need your opinions about this Police bayonet. It is WKC stamped. What I don't like a lot is the gap between the crossguard and the blade ? What about the eagle emblem ?
    Do you think it is an original set or it just a new set with spare parts ?
    Regards
    Alain
    Attached Files

Alain,

My main issue with this bayonet is the grip emblem which appears to be have been replaced with a sword grip emblem. Notice it's too large for the grip & the wing hangs over the egde on the right side? How is it connected to the grip? Does it move at all when touched or is it fixed solid?

Not sure what to make of the gap that extends beyond the leather spacer but it certainly doesn't look good. Possibly wartime lack of quality control? It may be legitimate, maybe not. Hopefully Ron Weinand can weigh in on this.

Other than these 2 issues, this appears to be a nicely conditioned private purchase 3R produced bayonet. The grip rivets looks correct for a private purchase item & the scabbard is definitely WKC produced with the distinctive nonscalloped fittings.

Comment

Hi Bill
      Thanks your expertise. I just have these photos and I don't know the emblem is connected to the grip. I am goping to ask to the seller.
      For the gap, would it be possible this bayonet had a clamshell which would have been removed ?
      Thanks
      Alain

Comment

bonjour alain
        comme dis l aigle n est pas bon c est un modele pour epee officier police, le fourreau lui aussi n est pas bon , c est un fourreau de baio sud americain des annee s 30 fabrique en allemagne et qui ressemble pas mal au fourreau police, regarde la chappe du fourreau en bas tu n as pas la decoupe en coeur caracteristique des garnitures de fourreau police! baio a ne pas prendre ou alors a prix tres modique valeur collection neant!
        the eagle is for fuereher degen , the scabard is for bajonet argentine 1934 ,save your money this is not a good deal!
        best regards
        patrick

Comment

Hello
          The seller says the eagle is pinned. For the scabbrd it is not a brasilian scabbard. Brasilian scabbard has a different shape. Private purchase Police bayonet sometimes have differnt steel mounts from a standard issue.
          Le fourreau n'est pas brésilein, regarde bien et compare. Les baïo police d'achat privé ont souvent une forme de fourreau et des ferrules differentes des baïo police standards. Pourt l'aigle, je suis d'accord qu'il n'est pas du type baïo même achat privé.

Regards
          Alain
          Alain

Comment

Hello
            On the book from G. Walker and J. Weinand "Grman Clamshells and other bayonets" we can see dress police bayonets with this kind of eagle.
            Regards
            Alain

Comment

These stelleto type blade Police Bayonets, usually by WKC, were early and had the clamshell or had the clamshell removed. While some police bayonets DID use this type of grip insignia, it would not be found on these early WKC types. The usual smaller aluminum grip insignia was used to replace the Imperial/Weimar insignia on this stellito blade.

Comment

Thanks Ron
                I am going to give up the purchase of this bayonet.
                Regards
                Alain

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X