X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K98 bajonette with saw ww2?

Hi Gents,

I have a question.

I am able to buy a k98 bajonette from 1944 with a sawback.

I have never seen these. Is there someone who has some more information
    about these bayonettes?

Thanks Mike

Any marking avialable there? sawback bayonet in 1944 it could be only dress fireguard piece probably.

Comment

As Andy stated, OK with the fire type bayonets (sidearms), but unlikely in 1944 as civilian production was shut down in early 1942. That said, 9 or 10 (?) years ago it was popular for fakers to add sawteeth to all sorts of bayonets including the 98K. With any markings that are available becoming helpful in determining just what is being offered. FP

Comment

pic's

Hi Gents,

here are some pictures. They are not very sharp but doable.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Very usable, and as suspected they are all (altered original) fakes. With the one at the bottom with the number visible on the side of the blade even having a cutdown crossguard. All of course well "aged" to try and disguise the fact that they have been altered. Also not surprising is the fact that they are "beater" or junk quality bayonets made up to try and squeeze some extra money from unwary prospective purchasers. If I may ask, what are they asking for these "collecting treasures"?

Regards, FP

Comment

Hello

Uggly fakes !!!!

Regards
            Alain

Comment

The fakers have done a good job, as the sawback looks nice, but on wrong bayonets, the upper one have damaged crossguard too, what for markings is on the 44 dated? thanks.Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X