A Rare Klaas Navy Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rare Klaas Navy Dagger

A new addition, a Klaas marked Navy dagger with etched blade. The dagger is in excellent condition, with virtually all the laquer on the pommel and guard. The portapee is set in place, with the ball showing light wear on one side where it swung against the uniform.
    Wittmann states in his book that he has not seen any etched, maker marked blades by Klaas, other than the U9 daggers. Having searched the internet, I have not been able to find another. Does anyone here have an example for comparison?

Wolfgang
    Attached Files

Wow! Wolfgang, Klaas Navies are indeed rare birds!! I've owed several U9's and one plain blade. Witty's comment on the plain blade was, "why not?" I guess the same applies here. I've never seen a fouled anchor etch though. Perhaps some others have. As always Sir, your photography skills are great!!
    www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Wolfgang, -what a beauty. To add such a rare maker in this condition with the original portapee is indeed a nice score. Congrats!

-wagner-

Comment

Wolfgang,

What a piece, condition & just super rarity overall. A great & beautiful dagger!

Comment

Stunning. That one's as breathtaking as they come, and with a knot also

Regards,
          Frank

Comment

Comment

Breathtaking!

John

Comment

Thank you for the very kind comments guys. Navy daggers, other than Eickhorns, seem to be extremely scarce in excellent condition. I was very glad to have found this rare example in great condition.
                The reverse ricasso has the name "Helmut Dinsen" scratched into it. I assume this was the original owner. What are the chances to research this name?
                Here is a better photo as well.
                Wolfgang
                Attached Files

Comment

Some great navy daggers shown here.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X