LW Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Dagger

hello... I can buy this Luftwaffe Officer Dagger ... what is your opinion to the piece ... original or fake !!!

best regards Olaf
    Attached Files

next
    Attached Files

Comment

next one
      Attached Files

Comment

next pictures
        Attached Files

Comment

more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

and the end
            Attached Files

Comment

no-one ?

Comment

Looks correct and pretty darn minty! Does it have a maker mark? Cant see one in the pics but they hide under th guard swaz sometimes....

Comment

no manufacturer on the blade... unfortunately

reg Olaf

Comment

Very nice collectible. Unquestionably authentic.

Comment

I like it, but I think that maker marked versions are more desirable.

That being said, it is hard to find them in condition this good.

John

Comment

The dagger has a crossguard made by WKC. The dagger was either made by WKC or by another producer who bought the components from WKC.

Comment

Thanks for your skilled opinions ... in the hand he looks even better

best regards Olaf

Comment

Looks like someone tried to take scabbard screw out and slipped, apart from that fine, WKC pommel and xguard generic scabbard and looks to have most if not all of the original dark finish and seems to have quite a bit of original lacquer which is very desirable, nice piece.
                            Last edited by Nolan; 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

Nolan: Take another look at that crossguard and you will notice that the leave pattern is different from the generic pattern. This is why I believe the entire dagger is a WKC product.
                              WKC scabbards also had only one screw to hold the throat assembly in place. This makes me believe that someone not knowing this tried to drill a screw hole on the other side of the scabbard in an effort to install another screw. In the process the drill bit slipped making this gouge mark. Drilling a hole in the scabbard requires proper tooling ( drill press with a holding jig, and a special drill bit) apparently not available to the 'fixer'.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X