Sa Presentation dagger by Carl Eduard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sa Presentation dagger by Carl Eduard

Rarely does one come across a dagger with such masterfully accomplished Sutherlan script. As a matter of fact this example is the best I've seen anywhere. Also a plus not only the awardee is named and dates for his accomplishments listed, but also the awarder is the well known Blue Blood - Duke Carl Eduard. It is known that Duke Carl Eduard was the Fuhrers favorite 'Royal'.

For Carl Eduard's early support of the Party Hitler made him an honorary NSKK Gruppenfuhrer and SA OberGruppenfuhrer. In his capacity Duke Eduard awards this dagger to SA Troop Leader Kratochwill for his dedication during the revolution for the years 1928 - 1934.

Best of the Quest,

-wagner-

Comment

Originally the script was inlaid with a gold fill plate of some sort. Only a few specks remain and too small to catch with my camera.

Due to all the space needed for the dedication note how close e-pack had to place the logo to the crossguard.
      Oh, and before someone posts about the 'I' on the crossguard and that it must have been replaced....no my friends it's original like that to the dagger.
      Never seen one?.. now you have.

Comment

for those that are interested in Duke Carl Eduard here is a BBC program that was finally made recently on this historic figure.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTRUrlpl4Y

-Enjoy-

-wagner-

Comment

That is a stunner wags!
          Congratulations!
          Ralph.

Comment

Wow That engraving has the fluidity of handwritten penmanship ! That is superb Serge

Comment

Early SA Presentations

Pack must have specialized in these early dedicated SAs. I have one from a Standarten Fu. also and it exhibits the same workmanship. Interesting.

Comment

Serge, you are spoiling us with your wonderful interesting SA dagger dedicated to Duke Carl Eduard

Many Thanks For Showing

Its A Cracker!!!!

Comment

The Pack logo on my Rohm dagger is close to the crossguard like yours.

Comment

THAT is a beautiful dedication! Any history on this daggers trip from the SA troop leader to your hands?? GREAT piece,Congrats!! Kevin.

Comment

Serge:
                      A beauty my friend! I have a scripted example presented By an SA officer that I will put up some day.
                      Jim

Comment

Wow really neat dagger

Comment

Wags:

Excellent! Thank you for sharing.

John

Comment

Very nice my friend Nice Stunner

Such daggers are few of around

Regards LH

Comment

That is one bitchin SA........Jeeezzzzzz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X