MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would like to know the maker of this bayonet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to know the maker of this bayonet.

I have a bayonet with matching numbers. On the bayonet stays 1861 and also on the scabbard 1861. Also Rich A Herder 1937. The bayonet itself is severely used.

I would like to know who the maker was of this bayonet.

Thanks!

Frans H.

THis is one of the straight-forward, easy ones...it was made by the firm of Richard Herder, Solingen, in 1937. Herder was also a fairly common maker of dress daggers.

Later production pieces often used two- and three-letter codes and are sometimes harder to determine.

Hope that helps
    Skip

Comment

Hello Skip,

Thanks for the information. Great help thumb

Frans

Comment

R.Herder

Hello Frans H., your piece was made in a switch year and i am interested , have Your piece under 1861 digits any letter? What for WaA are on pommel? Thanks for help, the maker Richard Abr.Herder is known from WW1 and in 1940-44 was used letter code clc for this firm, best regards Andy from BCN

Comment

Hello Andy,

On the blade stay the digits 1861. Under this digits is a small letter "b". The Waa number on the pommel is to weak to read. Cannot make anything of that. I hope this helps.

Frans

Comment

Hello Frans, thanks for the response, Your piece is nice, and is probably stamped with WaA253 on any parts, should be on crossguard on ball finial and on parts by dissasembling the grips.best regards,Andy

Comment

Hello Andy,

I disassembled the grips. There on the inside is Waa 257.

Frans

Comment

WaA253

Hello Frans, the stamps are many time not so clearly stamped, and could be missreaded, when You use magnification, it could be compare with others on piece, should be stamped on tang, on innerside of plastik or wood grips, on crossguard on pommel twice, on locking nut and press stud. The examined WaA253 should be stamped , the last number 3 have a upper part straight, that could missreaded like 5 or 7.best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X