Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transitional SS Daggers

Hello Guys,

Just a couple of general Questions about the Transitionals. It has always been my understanding that it would be pretty much proper for a transitional SS Dagger to have Either Solid Nickel Silver fittings on the Scabbards and Crossguards, OR the plated Varieties or even a mixture of both types, due to existing stocks of parts being used up. True? Untrue? You don't Know? Nobody Cares! Please let us know your thoughts.

Originally posted by Railgun88 View Post
    Hello Guys,

Just a couple of general Questions about the Transitionals. It has always been my understanding that it would be pretty much proper for a transitional SS Dagger to have Either Solid Nickel Silver fittings on the Scabbards and Crossguards, OR the plated Varieties or even a mixture of both types, due to existing stocks of parts being used up. True? Untrue? You don't Know? Nobody Cares! Please let us know your thoughts.
    True,but to me they are worth much less.Why spend thousands of dollars on something that needs to be explained.It is also a way to cover for a parts dagger.Just wait until one comes along that needs no explaination.

Comment

Originally posted by DR DOLCH View Post
      Just wait until one comes along that needs no explaination.
      The best rule of thumb advice for any TR blade collector. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the input. What prompted the question was that I was offered an Eickhorn Transitional that had all nickel silver fittings on both the scabbard and the crossguards. I did not think this was a problem, and the price was right, Less than a grand! But when I asked a buddy of mine, who says he know Whitman personally, he told me he asked him and was told that it was NEVER correct to have ANYTHING except the later plated type fittings on a transitional dagger and that therefore the one I was looking at was Bogus. This did not jive with anything I had heard previously so I came here to get an opinion. I passed on the deal at the time and deleted the pics I had or I would post them. But I think I maybe learned something anyway. Comments appreciated!

Comment

For whatever it's worth:
          My Eickhorm transitional SS has plated fittings.
          Jim

Comment

It's correct for transitional daggers to have either or. I once owned an Eich 37 that had all nickle fittings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X