Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police ACS 84/98 Bayonet

Hi -

Looking for some info on this bayonet. I've seen other police marked ALCOSO bayonets with wood grips and the trademark facing the other direction. This one has an Eagle B on the spine and an unmarked scabbard. Is it earlier or later than the wood gripped ones? What's the deal with the ACS, I think I've only seen it facing the other direction on all sorts of ALCOSO blades. All comments welcome...

Thanks
    Attached Files

Eagle B and TM
    Attached Files

Comment

This piece is very nice and should be dated probably to 1940/41 period, some of the normal ACS stamped pieces have a serial number on crossguard.

Comment

NICE and unusual bayo! Love the frog, looks like pig skin... Kevin.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Question about the spine stamp, does it denote a date range, where it was issued, or ...?

Comment

With high possibility a post 1939 stamp, what is on the frog, any marking there? thanks.

Comment

Hello

This bayonet is more interesting than the other common ACS K98 because it has an inverted logo. Usualy you read ACS when you have the handle in the hand.
              Very interesting and not common !!!
              Regards
              Alain

Comment

Originally posted by sb98 View Post
                Thanks for the replies. Question about the spine stamp, does it denote a date range, where it was issued, or ...?
                Tim, A very nice bayonet, it's just a German Police acceptance marking (and AndyB has already mentioned an approximate date). For the later Bakelite gripped examples I've seen three variations of Coppel TM's with the one posted being an intermediate example. FP

Comment

Tim,
                  Very nice and unusual bayonet.
                  Here is my ACS Police bayonet that exemplifies your earlier comment about the logo facing in the opposite direction. However this one has bakelite grips rather than wood. Unmarked scabbard also.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by dag001; 10-19-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Just as a point of interest here is a late war commercial Alcoso, also with no serial numbers but NOT Police marked.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Alcoso late war commercial..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Close-ups of the pommel.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys.

Andy, no marks on the frog.

Denny, thanks for the pics, love the condition of the commercial piece. Your police example has the logo I'd expect. I didn't notice the unusual inverted logo on mine until I started to look at other examples of blades with ACS scales across the Internet. They all seemed to face the other direction direction.

FP, did the other 2 variations have the TM facing the standard direction?

How many different variations of police marked 84/98's are out there factoring in trademarks, acceptance stamps, and grips?
                          Last edited by sb98; 10-20-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sb98 View Post
                            .......... FP, did the other 2 variations have the TM facing the standard direction? .......... How many different variations of police marked 84/98's are out there factoring in trademarks, acceptance stamps, and grips?
                            Tim, With the blade pointed up one type Coppel TM can be read right side up, and the other inverted. With AWS/Scales being the third variant. German Police marked bayonets were also made by Eickhorn, and P. Weyersberg. Regards, FP

Comment

After thinking about it I may have to correct myself. While Eickhorn made later commercial contract bayonets. What I was thinking about was most likely Hörster as another maker of Police marked 84/98 bayonets, and I will have to take a look. FP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X