A Damn nice Navy Dagger with the lot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Damn nice Navy Dagger with the lot.

This arrived today. Thanks to my friend and fellow WAF member who has been keeping me supplied with equisite daggers, you know who you are. What more can I say, with the portepee does being gold have any significance?. The scabbard fittings are also unusual whats the go with them, a knot like appearance. The hangars just top it off, this is a keeper. All in all a nice dagger what do you think.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Navy Dagger

Scabbard fittings.
    Attached Files

Comment

Navy Dagger

The hangars.
      Attached Files

Comment

I like it

I believe both the dagger and the heavy brass hangers are early manufacture. Notice the WKC maker mark on obverse and leather washer.

Gold portepees are typical for KM daggers. One of my references somewhere mentions the material used to protect them (against salt) resulted in a gold appearance.
        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Sweet dagger with an unusual scabbard(knotted hanger bands). Lets see the front of the hilt assembly and that bird! Portopee looks to be a later style nylon piece, I have one just like it... Hangers are nice,these suckers(the hangers that is) are going to be worth as much as the dagger if the prices keep going the way the are!! Kevin.

Comment

Navy Dagger

The bird as requested.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X