Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original or fake - late emil voss rzm m7/2

Hello,

my question is as in thread - mainly hilt is very pooor quality, asymetrical, lines are not regular, eagle is strongly aberrated /of course it is also damaged a little but it is less important/ wood is medium hard, nut is in some strange as for me shape - thick. i m very inrerested in your opinions mayby someone seen something similar and know what is origin.

best regards salto

Hi Salto,

Your's pictures are not the best but seems to me it's a RZM Emil Voss NSKK dagger in very bad shape. RZM daggers usually has a poor quality and if they don't had some care with them, they have this bad appearece. I'm not sure about the grip, there was some reflex on picture and may be eagle was poorly replaced and/or bad damaged. I'm not sure about the fitting with the upper crossguard, it looks strange but I don't see evidences the wood was filled to fit it.

Crossguard's plating are peelling out due absence of care and scabbard painture is in very poor shape. I had see this kind of tang nut before and I think it's correct.

If dagger price isn't very cheap, save your money and pass on it.

Comment

It is the genuine article but due to the poor condition not very collectible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sunday View Post
        It is the genuine article but due to the poor condition not very collectible.
        Thank you very much for your answrer, You think that it is possible such low standard of quality in oryginal item? maybe i give better photos of hilt - this is the worst - as i said - huge asymetry, lack of precision - i have many other daggers and noone present such level. mainly eagle - it is ca 2mm aberrated to the left - maybe photo do not present it good but when you have it in your hand - its very clear - as i said 2 or even more milimiters.

regards salto

Comment

Originally posted by R.R. View Post
          Hi Salto,

Your's pictures are not the best but seems to me it's a RZM Emil Voss NSKK dagger in very bad shape. RZM daggers usually has a poor quality and if they don't had some care with them, they have this bad appearece. I'm not sure about the grip, there was some reflex on picture and may be eagle was poorly replaced and/or bad damaged. I'm not sure about the fitting with the upper crossguard, it looks strange but I don't see evidences the wood was filled to fit it.

Crossguard's plating are peelling out due absence of care and scabbard painture is in very poor shape. I had see this kind of tang nut before and I think it's correct.

If dagger price isn't very cheap, save your money and pass on it.
          i ll give later better photos of hilt mainly with abrerration in mounting eagle - its hard to believe that it maybe originally aberrated as i wrote circa 2mm. what is good price for such an item as you think
          regards salto

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X