Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Unusual, to me anyway. Can you tell if the hilt is brass or aluminum?

Comment

That's a tough one, firstly we need to know if it is brass or a lightweight material, we also need to know if the makers mark is stamped or etched. There are a few original very early brass based pieces as long as the mark is stamped. This is a Forestry association hirschfänger and not hunting. There are only a few different makers of these with the eagle and swastika design in the hilt. If it is a stamped mark I think it would be an original piece, I have never seen that style of swastika in the hilt before, they are usually not very well cast.

Gary

Comment

In all points totally typical and original HÖLLER forestry cutlass. Makermark is stamped without question (you can see this even in these pics) and the swastica is typically for an original HÖLLER stamped in and not cast out.
            The only feature I question is the look of the finish of the hilt -perhaps refinished- also one grip acorn seems newly added- but when I look at the nice looking finish of pic 1 it could also only lay in the light of the certain pics.
            Greetings, daggers.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I miss the staples (on this model normally the large type) on the reverse of the scabbard fittings.
              Greetings, daggers.

Comment

daggers

I beg to differ from your statement that this is a typical swastika for an original holler, it is much too good for that.

Here is a picture of what you would normally see on a Holler piece. This pictures is from TW's website.

Gary
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Saufaenger kid View Post
                  daggers

I beg to differ from your statement that this is a typical swastika for an original holler, it is much too good for that.

Here is a picture of what you would normally see on a Holler piece. This pictures is from TW's website.

Gary
                  As stated, the one shown by all1knew is a typical swastika for an original HÖLLER.
                  Naturally they can differ in condition and therefore look, the one on TMJohnson´s site obviously is more worn. These aluminium hilts could easily wear down and the gilting did not hold well.
                  My doubtless period HÖLLER with eg. gilted aluminium hilt fittings and stamped trademark does have the exact swastika like the one from all1knew.
                  Also other features which I do not want to describe are typical for an original HÖLLER. These original forestry daggers with swastika are rare and therefore not easily to classify unless you have yourself the right one.
                  Greetings, daggers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X