C&J Early Heer Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C&J Early Heer Dagger

Here is the only army I bought at the Max. It was dug out of a case by P.Hogle I managed to buy it before it left the Max show grounds many thanks to W.G. and Paul. This one had to be made on Clemen & Jungs initial production run of army daggers. The whole thing has brass based fittings to include the matching finish detailed hangers that came with the dagger although allot of the silver finish has gone to time it has provided a desirable unique look to the dagger. The pommel, early WKC crossguard and scabbard bands exhibit some nice hand work. The blade is a beauty and does have a tapered tang with the cross grain running down the blade instead of across it a feature you see on these Clemen & Jungs also the blade only has the one stamped mark the Z within the shield with the crown instead of the normally seen double stamped configuration. I believe this is another early attribute to the dagger and quite rare.

Last edited by Simon O.; 10-30-2013, 03:41 PM.

Great looking dagger, and great pictures

Comment

Nice to see the early quality.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Many thanks guys - Wim the early army’s are hard to beat !

Comment

Super example Tom, looks like I should have went to the Max! I think this is the nicest C&J I have seen hands down! The brass hew throughout is very interesting,is the scabbard brass based? Neat how it has the single MM too,great way to pick out the early ones. This is the earliest example I have seen, I will have to find a slant example of a C&J just to mess with you now!! CONGRATS!! Kevin.

P.S. LOVE the early deluxe hangers too, I have been looking for a set of those!!

Comment

Kevin I do believe the scabbard is brass considering the tone and its not magnetic. I really like the pommel it has an interesting step on the bottom. Like you it’s the earliest Clemen & Jung I have seen as well

Comment

When TK showed it to me I mentioned it has brass based fittings due to the hefty weight of the piece. Super dagger !

Comment

That is a fine quality army and hanger! Love those dark grips. Ron

Comment

That pommel is interesting...does it comform to any of your other early Heers? Check out the swirles on that crossguard too! Very unique...

Comment

Kevin the pommel base is very unique don’t remember seeing one like it.

Originally posted by heers68 View Post
                    That pommel is interesting...does it comform to any of your other early Heers? Check out the swirles on that crossguard too! Very unique...

Comment

That's a real beauty. I love the early Heers with the 14 leaf pommell.
                      Now for the dumb question. Sice I never take my daggers apart can somebody post an example of a tapered tank vs a regular tang. Can you tell the early daggers without taking them down? Thanks.Rick

Comment

Rick have a look at this web page http://www.wardaggers.com/Army_Dagger_Terminology.htm for the tang question thee finest web sight out their for army dagger information - yes you can tell the early ones without looking at the tang this C&J because of the brass base fittings and double screw scabbard also when you see a slant grip you know you have a early dagger.

Originally posted by Mr. Blades View Post
                        That's a real beauty. I love the early Heers with the 14 leaf pommell.
                        Now for the dumb question. Sice I never take my daggers apart can somebody post an example of a tapered tank vs a regular tang. Can you tell the early daggers without taking them down? Thanks.Rick

Comment

WW2:

A thing of beauty.

And, to think that you were contemplating passing on this.

John

Comment

John I don’t what I was thinking? Fortunately I came to my senses

Originally posted by JohnZ View Post
                            WW2:

A thing of beauty.

And, to think that you were contemplating passing on this.

John

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
                              Rick have a look at this web page http://www.wardaggers.com/Army_Dagger_Terminology.htm for the tang question thee finest web sight out their for army dagger information - yes you can tell the early ones without looking at the tang this C&J because of the brass base fittings and double screw scabbard also when you see a slant grip you know you have a early dagger.
                              Thanks for the info.RICK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X