Croation dagger on e stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croation dagger on e stand

Hi a member has asked for this to be dicused.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...31#post4835731

As I notice that some of the members can suspicious to this dagger.I can say only that I purchased this dagger from honest collector and didnt do anything with it.
    In the books diplo daggers are from the brother Knaus makers this one is from Josiph Bobek.The fitting on the scabbard missed the characterisitic ring but You can find the same looking dagger in Berger book with same fittings on scabbard.
    Thats all which I can say if I can help or somebody need more pics just ask.Ted

Comment

Originally posted by zet View Post
      As I notice that some of the members can suspicious to this dagger.I can say only that I purchased this dagger from honest collector and didnt do anything with it.
      In the books diplo daggers are from the brother Knaus makers this one is from Josiph Bobek.The fitting on the scabbard missed the characterisitic ring but You can find the same looking dagger in Berger book with same fittings on scabbard.
      Thats all which I can say if I can help or somebody need more pics just ask.Ted
      What is the material the handle is made of?

Comment

I have a question. Dave started a thread mentioning that someone wanted the dagger discussed, presumably because of a problem. I don't know what the problem would be since I'm not familiar with most Axis daggers but that said, no one's chimed in as of yet with concerns/problems/commentary. Why is that?

Let me preface this by saying I have no interest in the dagger nor axe to grind with the seller at all but if someone has an issue the thread's been started to open the floor to concerns, let's hear it so the issues can be addressed either positively or negatively.

Comment

I would like to let every one know if you feel an item needs to be discused please feel free to start a thread on your own.I will be happy to post a link to the sales thread.I am offten asked that an item needs to be discused then this happens.Some times its a sales or thread killer.If asked to open a discusion from now on I will be asking the person to post there issue with it.Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
            I have a question. Dave started a thread mentioning that someone wanted the dagger discussed, presumably because of a problem. I don't know what the problem would be since I'm not familiar with most Axis daggers but that said, no one's chimed in as of yet with concerns/problems/commentary. Why is that?

Let me preface this by saying I have no interest in the dagger nor axe to grind with the seller at all but if someone has an issue the thread's been started to open the floor to concerns, let's hear it so the issues can be addressed either positively or negatively.
            You are coming on very strong my friend in to a field where, as per your admission, you have no clue what should be said or asked. Correct? Did you read the question I asked below? Give me some respect too, and wait for seller's answer, than see what happens. Nothing else needs to be said or asked, other than what I asked. Now sit tight and wait for the answer.

ps I must add a question for you; what do you mean " no one has" ? what em I a piece of s..t of some sort? don't know who you are, but you really got me insulted
            Last edited by Franz Ferdinand; 09-15-2011, 12:52 AM. Reason: inquired about the insult by Billy G

Comment

Originally posted by Franz Ferdinand View Post
              You are coming on very strong my friend in to a field where, as per your admission, you have no clue what should be said or asked. Correct? Did you read the question I asked below? Give me some respect too, and wait for seller's answer, than see what happens. Nothing else needs to be said or asked, other than what I asked. Now sit tight and wait for the answer.

ps I must add a question for you; what do you mean " no one has" ? what em I a piece of s..t of some sort? don't know who you are, but you really got me insulted
              There was no disrespect intended & none of this was directed at you. It was a statement made regarding the process of asking objects to be discussed generally although I applied it to this particular item because it didn't seem like the person with concerns had seen fit to chime in. You asked a general question rather than specifically pointed out a concern so it's not obvious there's an issue.

There wasn't an indication that you had a concern other than asking a specific question about what the handle composition was. This could have been inadvertently raised because of David's new thread.

No one's calling you any names so I'm not sure where you're getting that. Accept my apology if you were insulted by my questions.

Comment

My comment was is general as well. I am offten ask to start a discusion and the theres nothing for any one to go on. The person that asked vanishes.Again any one can start a thread.Best regards.

Comment

Hi Guys Im very sorry that Im responding so late but I was waiting for ask so long as I put my best knowledge of my dagger.To the ask first I thought it is plastic but after some cleaning inside it is a painted wood.Frankly it was little strange for me waiting so long for tread in discusion about this dagger just my 2 cents.Regards to all Ted

Comment

Sorry...

My friend, I have learned that you are a great Gentleman, and it pains me to be the one to tell you this. Your dagger is a regular Croatian Homeguard dagger with painted handle. The diplomatic dagger's handles were made solely out of black hard material, Croatian version of Bakelite of the times, while HG was wood, sometimes covered with thin layer of white plastic. The difference in pricing between the two is about fourfold - $500 for Homeguard to $2000+ for a Diplomat. Again, I hope you understand, and I hope you do not allow someone to buy this in belief that it is what it is not.

David and Billy, sorry I overreacted. Billy, I hope now you see that simple question was all that the situation required. Cheers!
                    Last edited by Franz Ferdinand; 09-23-2011, 01:36 AM. Reason: reply to other posts

Comment

No problem at all .I dont want to cheat someone and wasnt my itentention to hide something.I offered what I bought.Now i should find regular handle to this dagger.Thanks for help.Ted

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X