Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with S98/05

Hello all,

I have the chance to pick up an aA S98/05 sawback with frog.I've seen a few pics,but can't post them here.From the pics,the bayonet looks good.It has a steel scabbard.Seller mentions it has no makermark,or other marks,only an acceptancestamp.
    Could this be a private purchase piece?Are there things that I should look for(I will visit the seller this week).Are collectors sceptical with unmarked S98/05 bayonets?I am new in collecting these,so have to learn a lot.He asks 250 euro($350) for it.I don't want to pay this much if the bayonet is not a 100% correct.

Any comments,or info with this,is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Difficult to say without photos so I won't comment on the price.

As a general point the presence of an acceptance stamp indicates an issue bayonet rather than a private purchase model.

Comment

Hello

If it is a aA 98/05 the steel scabbard is not correct. The scabbard for this bayonet is made of leather and steel. Wer can find a lot of aA in steel scabbards because they have been replaced. The leather and steel scabbard is fragile when used in combat situation.
      Private purchase 98/05 are nickeled.
      It would be interesting to get some photos.
      Regards
      Alain

Comment

Thank you Richie and Alain.

I don't have pics of it,and I am not sure if the seller would give permission to post them,if I had them.I don't see anything wrong with posting the sale link however,so here it is:
        http://www.2dehands.be/verzamelen/ov...-99234252.html

Any info or help most welcome.
        Thanks,
        Jeremy

Comment

Hi Jeremy

It is a nice standard issue 1st type 98/05 bayonet in a steel scabbard. it is not a dress bayonet. Some of them have no maker marks and it is correct. We can see an acceptance stamp on the pommel. Aside this bayonet we can see a scabbard in very bad condition. This scabbard is the correct scabbard for this 1st type bayonet. As I said above, we often find 1st type in steel scabbard.

Regards
          Alain

Comment

Thanks Alain

I've just bought the bayonet,will post pics of it later.

All the best,
            J.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X