Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger value?

Evenin' Gents,

I've recently come across a 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger in next to great shape. The blade is flawless, the black leather(?) grip is nice, and the black metal sheath is in fairly good condition. It has the sunwheel swastika and the like, with a very nice light patina overall. The blade is marked SOLINGEN. There is also a maker mark with a name that I can't recall and two birds (Cranes, Pellicans, Flamingos) facing each other beak to beak. I marked the price in my head, but won't mention it so as not to influence anyone's opinions. She's a very nice piece and I'd like to know what you gentlemen think it should cost.

Thanks in advance,
    ZaCK

To me the dagger sounds like a 1st mod Klaas (kissing Kranes). The leather is acutally Moroccan blue. Klaas 1st mods are nice. IMHO, $600-800 depending on condition.

Best,

Comment

That's the name exactly! I think there was a "Peter" or some name before the Klaas however. In any case, I'll try to get pictures at some point. Thanks for your info!

Comment

Not Peter, ROBT KLAAS. Sounds like a nice dagger.

Regards,

Comment

Hopefully, I'm reading the initial post wrong, but this dagger shouldn't have a "black metal sheath". The scabbard should be covered in the same leather as the grip.

You might want to verify that before going any further!

Skip

Comment

Thanks, I want to think it was leather, but I can't honestly remember. I'm going to photograph it within the next week or so, I'll verify it then.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X