How Do You Display Your Dagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Display Your Dagers?

Part of the educational process we share here is, in my opinion, how we display our items. I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to display my daggers. Based on what I’ve seen, there’s no doubt that you guys have some truly interesting displays in your collections. Take a minute and share them with the rest of us.

<O></O>

My preference is to try and add the items to my dagger that might have been representative of what the original owner might have worn. The example below is a dual engraved Luft. with ivory grip and deluxe hangers. The medals and insignia are appropriate with what a Luft. Officer might have been awarded during his service.

<O></O>
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Larry Lipps; 03-13-2005, 10:26 PM.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

That is a great display. I wish I had some of those items to show off.

Comment

Some of mine.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=15063

Comment

Holy Cow Rich! That's some nice stuff, especially the Kriegsmarine. What battlefield did you scour to find all the GD pins?

Maybe some more SS.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Larry Lipps; 03-13-2005, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Nice theme based cases! You shame me. I am limited on space, so there is no theme. I put a few representatives examples in a couple cases fill in the spaces with some badges.
          Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Nice daggers Larry and the set-ups are awsome!!!

You need to speak to Bill Warda and have him make you some cases from exotic woods to compliment those worthy pieces. Ebony or black walnut for the SS and maybe figured maple for the Luft.

Tim ------- >>

Comment

Tim, while it doesn't show up well in the photo, the SS case is a custom case made from ebony. Skipper is actually my carpenter and had made some really interesting stuff to my specifications. My problem is that I'm running low on ideas and was hoping to see how others display thier stuff. If Skipper would ever learn to use his camera you could see some incredible displays.

Like maybe some SA stuff.

Before some of you eagle eyed characters attack, yes both of the collar tabs are for the same side. The vet these came from had a stack of about 20 but they were all for the same side. Secondly, yes, I know that the NSKK pin is in the worng case, but I don't have an NSKK dagger. I just call it artistic license
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Larry Lipps; 03-13-2005, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Great displays
                I posted my daggers a while back. Just incase you wanted to check out how I display mine. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=52813

Irv

Comment

The pip in the center of the swastika on the party armband is that correct? I have not seen that before, what does it signify?

Laurence

Comment

Laurence, until you mentioned it, I had never seen an original that didn't have a pip in the center. I drug out Brian Davis book on insignia and while he doesn't address the purpose of the pip, all of the political armbands he lists above the rank of Gauleiter have the pip. You'll have to ask the cloth guys to take it farther than that.

Comment

Thanks Larry. I have never paid any attention to the arm bands before, rest assured I will be checking picture's from now on to see them, Another bit of info absorbed.

Laurence

Comment

Here are mine. Like other collectors, I display them with accompanying material from the respective branches of service.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

Display Stuff!

Very nice guys!

Super looking stuff!

PVON

Comment

Really, I am now hooked on using that format. Guess I'm going to have to but some more Dagger's. Gonna have to suck up to the Finance Minister, so she will realese some fund's

Laurence

Comment

You're going to have to buy the "accompanying material" too!
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X