Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stag handle bayonet

Hey all,
    Picked this up in a mixed group of items. I'm fairly certain it's a short K98 bayonet, stag handled. The frog is there, dry but intact, scabbard dent free but paint bad, and the blade still verrrry shiny, never sharpened, just some runner scratches from being drawn from the scabbard, and a couple of other odd scratches, not too bad. Maker is E. Pack & Sohne, with a guy swinging a sledgehammer. I'm guessing it's in the $125 range?

thanks much in advance,
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Maker mark

Sorta....my camera skills need work
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Looks OK, what are you asking, if you should ask $125?
      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Certainly looks to be okay with respect to originality from what I can see in the photos. A bit rough around the edges especially wehere yone wold expect to see age/wear (the frog & scabbard).

If you intrend to sell, please post it on the e-stand, not in this Forum.

Best,
        Skip

Comment

Not selling

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade
          If you intrend to sell, please post it on the e-stand, not in this Forum.

Best,
          Skip
          Thanks all, no - not selling at this point - just have no clue as to "value". It came with a medal, document, and a little green belt pouch, and I paid $X for the whole group of stuff. Just wondering so if I decided to trade it ( a better option ) for something, I'd know what sort of range of items I could look for.

Many thanks,
          Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X