Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Army dagger by Hoeller - your opinions again, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Army dagger by Hoeller - your opinions again, please!

same here ... let us discuss this real beauty in this separate thread here.

I comes complete with hanger & portepee and looks really great. In my opinion, also the blade is in a very good condition ... shoot me your comments!

Thanks,

Kev

Another great army with what looks to be a Pack 3rd but hand finished by Holler tuff variation Holler to find I have a twin to this on my web page.

Comment

Nice rig, a very collectable F. W. Holler with nice crossguard which has well defined breast cross pattern,
      blade has a super detailed makers mark.

Comment

Agree with others here, Great and totally correct variation of the Holler Product! Nice patina and hand work!! Congrats! Kevin.

Comment

I'm generally not fond of Holler items but this is a keeper IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
            I'm generally not fond of Holler items but this is a keeper IMHO.
            Be sure, it is a keeper - for now ...

Does the McSarr list also refer to makers of the Army daggers or do I remember correctly that this list only states about SA daggers?

If so, is Hoeller a common maker or not?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
              Another great army with what looks to be a Pack 3rd but hand finished by Holler tuff variation Holler to find I have a twin to this on my web page.
              Thanks for your input - can you explain a little more what exactly you mean with hand finished 3rd pack?

That would be really great for me to understand!

Thanks!

Comment

My opinion is that you take amazing pictures of a gorgeous dagger!

Comment

Originally posted by joshlichty View Post
                  My opinion is that you take amazing pictures of a gorgeous dagger!
                  Thank you very much - this really motivates me to keep my 2nd hobby - photo - up as well! But taking good pictures is always easy with a beautiful model like this!

Again, thank you!

Comment

Love it. Really a fine dagger. I suppose the mean that the raw fittings originate from Pack and were hand finished in the Höller company.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

The McSARR ONLY refers to the Early SA daggers, NOT the Transitional or the RZMs. Mike McAlvanah

Comment

VERY NICE RIG ..BUT DO I SEE A DING ON THE LOWER REVERSE OF SCABBARD? ,JUST WONDERING...

Comment

Originally posted by mrec27777 View Post
                          VERY NICE RIG ..BUT DO I SEE A DING ON THE LOWER REVERSE OF SCABBARD? ,JUST WONDERING...
                          Hello,

no reason to although your eyes are good: yes, there is a "ding" but imho that will not affect anything as this is very minor ... be sure, I just checked it again.

Having this one in my hands again ... great one, for sure. These early one's you simply HAVE to love

Kev

Comment

... also here ... any idea what could be a realistic value for this beauty??

Comment

Very nice collectible and desirable dagger. Don't know about prices these days but looking at some dealer sites it could fetch around $600 to $700.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X