Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade condition

Hi
    I have an officers dagger C Eichorn, however the blade is a little rough a bunch of little balck dots (pitting?) and was wondering if there was a way of refurbisging or should I leave it alone?

Thanks Laurence

Laurence, there are guys around that can do miriacles with blades. Sometimes, if a blade is really bad, there's not a lot of choice. The problem with having your blade polished is that from that point on it will, in most collectors opinions, never be "original". Just to be able to put everything back, you might want to consider purchasing an original blade from Johnson or Wittmann and swap it with your old one for display. If for some reason you ever want to return to original, just reinstall the other blade and you home free.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I agree with Larry on this one. As long as you replace the blade with an original - ideally by the same maker (and Eickhorn is an easy one to find) - and keep the old one, I see no problem with the switch. That will do wonders for a dagger you might not otherwise ever be totally satisfied with.

Best,
      Skip

Comment

Thanks I'm quite happy with it, to me it adds some class and age to it. mind you I have not owned a class 1 dagger and might eat my words when I do Laurence

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X