e stand daggers discusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e stand daggers discusion

As requested per p.m. All opinions welcome.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=518896

The Eickhorn is a post war piece.

Comment

As long as the Holler piece is gilt aluminum, it is original. If brass, it is post-war.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I noticed the etched Eickhorn's maker mark & bells went off right away. Thought the Holler might be bad too but not sure either.

Comment

I am with Billy on the Eickhorn.. the maker mark and the funky swastika clamshell caught my eye right away.

John

Comment

I am pretty sure Tiger made one wartime model nearly identical to the
            Holler. Need a really good close up of the Holler mark.

Comment

Check p 164 of the Stephens book for the Holler

Comment

The Holler and Eickhorn are both re-pops.

-wagner-

Comment

With all of the fakes out there, TR collecting now is a lot like the arcade game "Whack a Mole". And the question is more like - what are they not counterfeiting?? FP

http://www.primetimeamusements.com/a...ame.php?id=302

Comment

Eickhorn is definately a post war piece. There is a whole series of Eickhorn produced Hunting and Forestry pieces, all with etched TMs.
                    I would also pass on the Holler as there are MANY good stamped TM originals floating around on websites and even on eBay. Why take a chance on etched TM pieces with the number of available originals on the market.
                    Always in demand by not only TR collectors, but also knife collectors due to the beauty of the engraving and fittings. IMO.

Comment

I think you guys have most of it nailed down, Eickhorn Hunting/Forestry or shooting association daggers have to have a stamped mark, this one is an etched mark, it also has many other red flags. The Holler is an Atwood Fake from the 1950/60's, the Alcoso is real.

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X