Cavalry sword value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavalry sword value?

I am interested in an enlisted ranks sword , with an engraved blade, designating Kavallerie Regt. no.18. Appears to ne in good shape, with some rust, & loss of paint to the scabbard. Blade appears to need a good cleaning.
    What would the estimated value of a sword such as this be? Thanks.

Bob Shoaf

Can you post any pics, please? And you are talking about WWI sword?

Comment

Originally posted by rajko84 View Post
      Can you post any pics, please? And you are talking about WWI sword?
      Sorry, no pics to post. It's the typical WWI artillery sword that the Reichswehr used for cavalry enlisted swords post 1919. It's engraved with the regt. number, charging cavalry, etc., like the m89 cavalry swords were at times. Definitely a private purchase sword, yet of approved pattern.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
        I am interested in an enlisted ranks sword , with an engraved blade, designating Kavallerie Regt. no.18. Appears to ne in good shape, with some rust, & loss of paint to the scabbard. Blade appears to need a good cleaning.
        What would the estimated value of a sword such as this be? Thanks.

Bob Shoaf
        Hello Bob,

Sounds like an interesting piece you have in mind but without pics the goal posts on this one can be very far apart. As I'm sure you know the great majority of any edged weapon value is in the blade and if the one you ask about can't be cleaned up and is instead stained, then the value goes way down.

We want to give you the best advice possible so is there a way that you can get good photos to enable us to do so?

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X