Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etched bayo on e stand

Hello

I'm quite sure thes bayonet is a US made Rex Reddick.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=511732

Henrik

It's Reddick enterprises all the way, friend.

Comment

Hello
      Please could you explain what is "Rex Reddick" ?

Thanks
      Alain

Comment

He is a dealer in reproductions who has been around many years. He does sell them as reproductions but I guess you have instances like this crop up where a reproduction now becomes "real" over time. Not a new problem, I am afraid.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Why was this not picked up by one of the "monitors?" Looks like it's sold, and now someone got burned buying on estand. Oh well...

Comment

I sold one just like the Heer one a few months back, to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, I thought mine was real too. Even at the parts/repro level its still a very nice piece. The buyer of course, must be allowed a refund though.

Comment

I have pulled this Bayonet offering ..

Hello: Brent Smith here .Wow ..They sure make a good reproduction on these Engraved army dress bayonets be careful as I was fooled myself when I paid 500 for it at a local auction .I really felt it was 100% ..I guess its a ever learning collecting field we deal in ..I have not handled many engraved bayonets . I marked my offering on hold as I sold the Police bayonet and after the discussion about the engraved army dress bayonet started I figured just marked them both on hold ..I will try and return it myself and explain its a copy ..Wish me luck ..Thanks for all the chiming in ..Brent

Comment

Double engraved bayo

Unless I am seeing double I purchased this double engraved bayo off Brent not long ago only to return it, explaning to him all the reasons why it is a repro! Now it's for sale again???? Guess he needs more convincing

Comment

Let please be civil. I am going look into this . Best regards.

Comment

Follow up

I did not believe it to be a copy or I would have never reposted it for sale . They sure did repro them well as the scabbard is 100% and I guess that was hard to understand on a copy .. No mfg. Blade with very high quality etching also .It sure fooled me . Sorry for the misjudgement on my part . I will to be more careful in the future with these . Brent

Comment

Brent,

These pieces pop up on Eban fairly regularly so there's enough of them out there to be a continuing problem. The quality of these is good when compared to the usually seen reproduction etch but when you've seen a couple of these Reddick stag bayonets, they become very easy to spot. Actually you don't even need to go near the etch, the hilt & stag grip plates are all pretty telltale IMHO.

Comment

Etched Bayo

I agree, long before you get to the etch you see the signs of reproduction, especially when in hand. It can be difficult to completely judge from a sale post, unless the pics are on all the trouble areas. All I am suggesting is that if there is any possible alert, such as a return of merchandise due to an item possibly being a repro, perhaps then post it for review prior to sale. Probably save both seller and buyer a ton of hassle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X