Sword and a Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword and a Dagger

Any ideas on values and ID, no maker marks.... no scabbard for the sword...

I assume the sword is not worth much, unsure on the dagger !

The so called Social Welfare dagger is in nice condition, though the blade has suffered a little. It is less common than the regular Red Cross leaders daggers.

The sword looks like it could be WKC, it may be marked under the langet? It is worth very little withhout the scabbard and in somewhat neglegted condition.

Comment

For me personally, ones of these daggers whether it has round holes or square ones does not differentiate between Red Cross or Social Welfare. As it was the hangers that came with them that made the true distinction, and not the shape of the hanger hole in the scabbard bands. My thought only....... nothing written in stone. Wolf is right on the condition assessment.

Comment

Thanks for the information, any idea on value of the Red Cross / Social Welfare Dagger ?

Comment

Agree with that, round or square is a difference between Klaas (round) and Lüneschloss (square). IMHO the round holed scabbards are most often to be found with S.W. hangers, simply because the Social Welfare guys were equipped with daggers produced by Klaas.
          I guess it's the same as with DRK hewers: lower scabbard fitting with screws - Klaas, w/o screws - Lüneschloss.

Originally posted by JR. View Post
          For me personally, ones of these daggers whether it has round holes or square ones does not differentiate between Red Cross or Social Welfare. As it was the hangers that came with them that made the true distinction, and not the shape of the hanger hole in the scabbard bands. My thought only....... nothing written in stone. Wolf is right on the condition assessment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X