X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on the K98 ss Bayonet

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

This is what he said to me about the bayonet

I would trade for the knives, finding cash is to hard for anyone thses days.
    I don't have any flags anymore, just couldn't keep the bloody moths out of them, sold them and an SS officers cap to the third riech depot in the US a few years back, most of what I have left now is badges, medals, both ww1 and 2 iin the way of German stuff and a general selection of Kiwi allied stuff which really doesn't interest me now.Also have Jap flag, sword etc.
    Only one k98 see pics.
    ----- the SS k98 is pretty special as you know.
    I had another one, but was a dress one and etched with scenes from Stalingrad, sold that to a collector in Belgium, when he asked if I had any more I kept quiet about this one. Not often you see an etched k98, one that isn't a dress bayonet anyway.When I was 10, an old Dutchmean that worked with my Dad gave me a pile of stuff for my collection,looking at 42 years ago now. This was one of those things. Really just kept it for that reason. I got over a grand NZ for the other one, but as I say, cash is to hard to find these days, I will trade it happily, but it would have to be a good trade, some decent German badges or medals, that is where my interests are these days, I know I could get about $7 or $8 hundred US for it if I sold to a dealer, they would probably make double in the on sell, but I am a collector, just need to see something I want and I will trade.

In the late sixty's a guy who worked for Wilkinson sword got the boot,went into business at home etching k98 to order, I have seen quite a few, totnkopf, all the other ss regiments as well as german navy ones with bismarck, scharnorst etc.They are collectible in there own right and change hands in the UK for close to two hundred pounds.
    This one I have,as I said has been in my trunk of goodies since I was 10, i am now 52.
    The old Dutchman was in the dutch resistence, that is all I know. The other stuff he gave was all genuine, and he had never been to the UK, just said he had aquired it after the Germans left the lowlands.
    When I was in the UK a few years ago i met a guy that had almost the lot of the British etched bayonets, they really were impressive I can tell you.
    Last edited by pradams; 04-23-2011, 01:34 AM.

The usual fantasy piece.

Some people do collect them knowing what they are.

Others buy them thinking they are genuine.

Waste of a good bayonet.

Never heard of the Wilkinson connection but a lot of these were made in the UK in the 1970s and more recently in Eastern Europe.

Regards

Richie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X