SA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA question

Came across this SA dagger and I'm some what confused. It's looks to be an early (pre RZM) manufactuer marked blade by HACO Berlin yet it is in a painted scabbard. When did the painted scabbard replace the anodized scabbard? Should the balde be RZM marked if in a painted scabbard? Is HACO Berlin a known manufactuer of SA's or a post war souvenir like the B&A daggers?
    Appears to have been together for ever and was wondering your opinions on it.
    Attached Files

fitted handle

what to offer on this if it is right vs. put together?
    Attached Files

Comment

for me it's a good dagger period ww2 but only scabbarb repaint, all caracteristics are not rzm period only the paint
      karl

Comment

Your Haco dagger is period, but it seems that someone has done a restauration job on it by repainting the scabbard. On pic 1 it also appears that the tip of the blade has been "worked on"?

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

HACO is one of the favourite daggers amongst true SA daggers collectors. The scabbard is an early one, just repainted. It's the fittings that determine if the scabbard is early or late, not the paint job.
          Not sure about the blade tip, maybe reworked or maybe it's just the camera angle making it looking like retipped. What's the length of the blade?

Comment

I agree, it's an early Haco dagger with a early repainted scabbard. I'm not sure too if blade was retiped but seems to me it was buffed at some time, I don't see none crossgrain on it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X