No announcement yet.

Fake 'SS' Honor Himmler... Sigh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At $2250, much less $1400, it reminds me of something my father used to say: “... having more money than they have brains.” FP

Comment

Where exactly was this auctioned? Even as a fake I don't think Ebay would have allowed it.
      Jim

Comment

I want to say it was Rock Island Auction Company (they have been selling a ton of fakes lately!), don't mark my words, but I think that is where I got this listing from.

Originally posted by james m View Post
        Where exactly was this auctioned? Even as a fake I don't think Ebay would have allowed it.
        Jim

Comment

A lot more of the fakes are showing up in all the auctions & in mom & pop antique shops. got a bunch of 3d reich junk , off to a antique shop with the grandpa story. they will buy the story & the items. I have one of these nice repro daggers. thought I over paid years ago when I bought it. during the 3d reich time these cases did exist but, as mentioned were custom ordered = rare. they did not look exactly like this one , simular.
          if you want to see an odd ball SS dagger case, see the one on german daggers.com
          I would like to make the type shown here ( or have them made) would sell well. jeff

Comment

This fake was listed with Jeff Dobson & Associates Auctions in Georgia.

Comment

I received my dagger and there is no way that anyone that have any knowledge in TR will think that this is a good dagger in hand that is.

But online auctions is tricky it actually looks good from a distance and its pretty well made.

I refurbished the case for my SA dagger and sold the SS dagger

/B
              Attached Files

Comment

lst
                Attached Files

Comment

Berra, while I commend you on your decision to sell the fake SS dagger, If I were you I would get a REAL SS for that case.

Comment

Yes i know it's all a matter of time :-) meanwhile my SA dagger will live in that case

Comment

Originally posted by cogwheel View Post
                      Spanish replica from the 70s and 80s. I think I still have one one of those out there in my junkbox. From a quality standpoint it is certainly better than the recent productions coming out of China. The only thing of value may be the case, but $1400 is far too much.
                      I saw a chinese one today, guy wanted $500 for it. ALso the box it was in had a made in China sticker on it,

Comment

One of the plastic handled 29.95 ones?
                        Originally posted by Jeremy Heiser View Post
                        I saw a chinese one today, guy wanted $500 for it. ALso the box it was in had a made in China sticker on it,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X