SS Dagger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger...

Hi all, a friend of mine bought this years ago and wanted me to post on here to see if it is authentic or not......I dont know anything about daggers but isnt it supposed to have the SS insignia on it? I told him I was very skeptical....what do you say?? Thanx in advance.....Rich
    Last edited by Sir Sinkalot; 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM.

Last edited by Sir Sinkalot; 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is NOT a SS Dagger! It looks to be a SA Dagger with a mm M7/68 manufactured by Tigerwerk Lauterjung & Co. , Solingen. The SA Dagger does look to be an original...

Regards,
          Don_
          Last edited by Don Prince; 04-13-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hi Don....I think I have talked with you before...on Subcommitee or Sub Pirates maybe?? In any case...what would you like better photos of...the blade...the handle? I can ask him to send me what ever you like....thanx again...Rich

Comment

Hi Rich,

Probably on The Subcommittee, or uboat.net... After looking at the photos again, I changed my posting and I believe the dagger looks to be an authentic SA Dagger...

Regards,
              Don_

Comment

Rich,

I agree with Don, your dagger looks to be an authentic SA dagger. RZM era daggers don't sell nearly as high as maker marked examples, promarily because they're not made as well or don't hold up as well due to lesser quality parts.

Comment

So if this is indeed an authentic SA dagger....what would you say this one is worth in this condition? I would like to let him know in case he wants to sell it....thanx...Rich

Comment

Hi Rich

That's the rub... Then we would need better photos for the experts to verify authenticity and give you a true estimate. SA Daggers in untouched condition can bring a price from $500 - $1300 depending on the maker and condition. Look at some of the other dagger postings to get an idea as to the quality of photos needed.

Note: an SS Dagger would have a minimum price starting above $2K and the condition drives the price upward...

Regards,
                    Don_

Comment

Well I just tried to post the same pics at greater resolution...but it didnt seem to work....

Comment

To Post photos and other rights require that you be an associate member and that cost $25 which is a bargain. There are many expert resources and these members are always willing to assist you. I have been a member for almost a year....

Regards,
                        Don_

Comment

looks like an original NSKK-Dagger

Comment

The dagger is an authentic piece, however I'm not sure if NSKK or SA - the paint can be black, but also dark brown, I just can't tell the colour looking at that photo, anyway SA or NSKK does not change the value. What makes the value lower is the missing scabbard ring at the top fitting. It may be hard to get anything above $400 just because of the scabbard damage.

Comment

I concur with 777 with regards to a possible price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X