Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Dagger to review Rare or not????

Hey Guys,
    I came across this SA dagger and was able to pick it up. I am not a big dagger collector, but have a couple and was wondering what you guys think of it. I would like to know how rare this maker is or any info about the maker. I have only been able to find one example, which was on Whittman's website. So if any of you guys have an idea about it I would appreciate your comments and opinions. I would also like to know what the approximate value is so if I decide to sell off one of my 3 daggers I can be sure to keep the best of the 3. The other 2 I have are in real nice condition but they are fairly common makers.
    Respectfully,
    Tyler

I think its gorgeous and I want it! rarer maker IMO though I don't know what the McSarr would say as mine has gone missing in the pile of flotsam that is my office. Nice blade! ...nice dagger....I say 800.00 all day long.
    Regards,
    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
      I think its gorgeous and I want it! rarer maker IMO though I don't know what the McSarr would say as mine has gone missing in the pile of flotsam that is my office. Nice blade! ...nice dagger....I say 800.00 all day long.
      Regards,
      Eric
      Eric,
      Thanks for the comment, It is a nice one. To be honest I do not think it has ever been apart. I really like it and appreciate your estimation. As I said I have a couple others that are in even nicer shape that came straight from Vets. I sure do love the nice ones.
      Respectfully,
      Tyler

Comment

Wow,
        No one out there knows anything about this maker??????
        I have to say I am shocked, I usually see you guys all over these types of posts.
        Any comments would be appreciated.
        Hope someone out there can tell me something.
        Respectfully,
        Tyler

Comment

What do you need to know about this maker? I'm sorry not being able to provide the name of the street where it was located, but as you can read town Brotterode in Thuringia was the location of Gebrüder (Bros.) Böhme.
          It is scarce maker and SA Group marking Th is correct for this maker.
          Very nice condition and 100% original.

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
            What do you need to know about this maker? I'm sorry not being able to provide the name of the street where it was located, but as you can read town Brotterode in Thuringia was the location of Gebrüder (Bros.) Böhme.
            It is scarce maker and SA Group marking Th is correct for this maker.
            Very nice condition and 100% original.
            Thank you for your comment. I was just interested in the rarity, possible quantity of numbers made, if the district mark was correct, just general info really as I can find nothing on the web about it.
            Just so you know I do not post items and ask questions before I have done as much research as I can, and feel I have reached a dead end in my own research. I do not expect experts in their field to just offer up info on everything posted if the person asking has not tried to do their best in answering the questions themselves. As a Historian I constantly get requests from people that have not even googled the units they are seeking information on, they just want someone to bring everything to them on a silver platter. So, I try not to be one of those.
            I thank you for answering the question about the district mark being correct even if you choose an interesting way to reply to what was just a few innocent questions.

Respectfully,
            Tyler

Comment

Comment

Tyler, you have a very nice conditioned Quality early rare/scarce maker SA dagger

Comment

Very nice condition. Always cool to see lots of black remaining in the motto.

Only middle of the road rarity though.

Comment

Originally posted by RevYJ View Post
                    Very nice condition. Always cool to see lots of black remaining in the motto.

Only middle of the road rarity though.
                    Thanks for your input, but what do you mean by "middle of the road rarity"? Is there a way to grade the rarity? If so how do you grade them, I mean what is it based on, production numbers, numbers known to exist, how commonly they are seen for sale or what?
                    Thanks,
                    Tyler

Comment

The McSARR one to ten rarity list is often quoted. Most especially when one comes across a nine or ten , lesser numbers not trumpeted so much.

Bohme is listed as middlish. I've seen a few around myself, and there's even one for sale on Witty's site right now.

But condition goes a long way. You've got that nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by RevYJ View Post
                        The McSARR one to ten rarity list is often quoted. Most especially when one comes across a nine or ten , lesser numbers not trumpeted so much.

Bohme is listed as middlish. I've seen a few around myself, and there's even one for sale on Witty's site right now.

But condition goes a long way. You've got that nicely.
                        Hey, thanks for the info. I appreciate the lesson on the scale. I saw the one on Whittman's site. It was the only one I could find while researching the maker. Thanks again for the lesson.
                        Respectfully,
                        Tyler

Comment

Tyler, you may find this interesting: http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...529#Post238529

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                            Tyler, you may find this interesting: http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...529#Post238529
                            Well, that answers some questions as to how the scale was formed and constructed. I guess I need to get a McSarr list for future reference if I am going to keep getting daggers. Thanks for the link, it was very interesting read.
                            Respectfully,
                            Tyler

Comment

I personally am not liking the fit of the grip, and am leaning towards a parts dagger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X