Luft or SA bayo frog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft or SA bayo frog?

I'm selling a deceased friend's collection for the family and require identifiction of this frog. It's light brown and has a faint stamp on the reverse.
    Attached Files

Stamp has been enhanced.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bernie,

Looks to me like a Czech bayonet frog just on first glance. How sure are you of that stamp's legitimacy? I've seen frogs like that used on a variety of German & nonGerman bayonets & maybe even an NPEA dagger or two. But that said, why would a leather product be stamped? I may be showing some ignorance here but I've seen armbands legitimately stamped like this but not a frog, especially on the reverse where there would be obvious wear & it would come off soon enough.

Comment

The only time I saw this type of frog was on NPEA daggers in Johnson's German dagger series vol.VI, pages 114 to 123. There were several NPEA daggers sold by Wittmann with this type of frog and were shown in the color section of his catalogs.

Comment

Here is a picture I copied from the Wittmann catalog showing the frog attached to NPEA daggers.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gents.

Comment

Bernie & Cogwheel,

Thanks for posting this. What do you know, I found one in my stash of items & happen to be in need of an NPEA frog too. I knew it looked familiar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X