HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Army dress bayo and unmarked Fireman's long bayo almost mint....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army dress bayo and unmarked Fireman's long bayo almost mint....

Hello,

got these beauties today.....
    Any idea about the maker of the Fireman's bayo?

Enjoy the pix, I had my buddy over tonight, he is a hobby photographer....We spend 4 hrs. taking the pictures and I learned a lot....

Let me know what you think

Alex

Wow

Those are beautiful indeed. Everything as it should be and in a condition that is not that common to find. I myself collect only dress bayonets and I can tell you that in my time, I have only seen a few that come this close.. I have a couple myself :-). Now, on a more serious note, the D.R.P. marked frog plate is great! It refers to the fact it has been patented (Deutsches Reichs Patent). Further, the fire dress bayonet is amazing as well! the good thing is you have them in their full beauty, i.e. with the frog, troddel and so on. I can't tell what maker it is unfortunately. One last word to say, STUNNING.

JAN

Comment

Love the completeness of these Bayo's! These bayo's are so much more appealing in "full glory" mode!! The accessories are top notch too. Everyone loves the Paul Sielheimer mark! Well done. Kevin.

Comment

Alex, in my own words "2 Crackers" , Congrats to you

Comment

Originally posted by jancz3rt View Post
          Those are beautiful indeed. Everything as it should be and in a condition that is not that common to find. I myself collect only dress bayonets and I can tell you that in my time, I have only seen a few that come this close.. I have a couple myself :-). Now, on a more serious note, the D.R.P. marked frog plate is great! It refers to the fact it has been patented (Deutsches Reichs Patent). Further, the fire dress bayonet is amazing as well! the good thing is you have them in their full beauty, i.e. with the frog, troddel and so on. I can't tell what maker it is unfortunately. One last word to say, STUNNING.

JAN
          Originally posted by heers68 View Post
          Love the completeness of these Bayo's! These bayo's are so much more appealing in "full glory" mode!! The accessories are top notch too. Everyone loves the Paul Sielheimer mark! Well done. Kevin.
          Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
          Alex, in my own words "2 Crackers" , Congrats to you
          Hello fellows,

thanks for your positive feedback
          If anyone knows the maker of the Fireman's bayo, please chime in

Alex

Comment

I know this may sound funny but could I see a straight on obverse shot of the pommel & crossguard? With all the angles, it's tough to get a handle on which is the maker.

As of now, the pommel looks like an Eickhorn but I'm almost positive the crossguard is not an Eick which leads me to think the bayonet was made by Hörster but I'd need to see a better shot to know.

Comment

Hello Billy,

thanks for your reply, here are two pictures I quickly made....I know bad lighting but maybe good enough for you to determine the maker?

Let me know if you need further pix.

Thanks

Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

anyone able to determine the maker of the Fireman's bayo?

Thanks

Alex

Comment

It's an unmarked Eickhorn IMHO.

Comment

Hello Bill,

thanks for the information

Alex

Comment

Oooo I'm jealous!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X