Are these dagger parts originals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these dagger parts originals?

Guys I have a question regarding these pieces I picked up. They are supposedly produced by Eickhorn or so I was told when I got them. They appear to be unfinished crossguard and pommel parts for a 1st model luft dagger and the SA/SS eagles are marked with an RZM in a circle on the right side of the wing and a M1/47 on the left side. Details are crisp and its hard to capture it in the photos. Appreciate the help in advance, if better pics are needed I will try to get better ones tomorrow. Matt
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

man I gotta stop taking pics over the grass!
      Attached Files

Comment

one has taken on a blackish hue as you can see in the pics. Again guys thanks in advance. Matt
        Attached Files

Comment

Better pictures needed... make sure you focus on the item not the landscape!!

Comment

there will be no more pictures taken facing the grass! I will post pics this afternoon. Matt

Comment

1st Luft parts look legit.
              Focus is more on your fingers than the grass.
              Best using a non distracting black/white background, and cams macro function, preferably with natural light.
              They make fluorescent lights that simulate natural light, many will cast an undesirable bluish or yellow tint.

Comment

TRC,

I will do something different to try to get the focus off the fingers, will use a pillow or something else. But thanks for your opinion on the luft dagger parts. Matt

Comment

hope these help
                  Attached Files

Comment

a
                    Attached Files

Comment

The eagles look legit, the other set of parts I am unsure of.

Comment

They all look like real period parts,but the Luft 1st hilt parts look like they were taken from a factory setting. Castings that didn't make it to the plating bath or gilting stage! Kevin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X